1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

The exact moment that Jason Whitlock stopped mattering

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Thrilla_in_Vanilla, Sep 24, 2020.

1. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

this is (arguably, of course) the most accomplished sportswriter in america

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

FIFY.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I can imagine a sports site dedicated to "alt-facts" could do well with advertisers - particularly those offering "lead-pipe locks," "natural" and low-cost boner pills, sports ticket/trip packages and prices "too good" to be true.

4. Tighthead

Tighthead Well-Known Member

5. LanceyHoward

LanceyHoward Well-Known Member

As sports gambling becomes legal in more states sports sites and talk shows will draw more of the marketing dollars of the bookies and the handicappers. I believe that the ads from the gambling industry will be awful. A movement will start to outlaw sports gambling just so that the general population will not be subjected to the are damned ads.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Combine the worst, most cynical brand of Whitlockian hot-takery with the analytical and predictive powers of the guy next to you in line at the Tropicana Laughlin breakfast buffet and you get the next generation of sports writing.

Fdufta likes this.
  7. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Ugh.

It's pretty transparent when Whitlock tries to fight up, hoping that someone like Chappelle will take the bait and argue him into some clicks.

Travis does it too.

It's a business model.

SFIND likes this.
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I guess what bugs me about Whitlock is he tries to play the "colorblind" card (as opposed to the race card) and yet, imagine what significance he would have in the sports realm if he were anything other than black, given what he writes, and writes about? He's willingly oblivious to the obvious.

10. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Please tell me this wasn't real.

Tighthead likes this.
  11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

debate me coward

SFIND and 3_Octave_Fart like this.
  12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

It's base offense on that septic platform.

Who is more insecure, Pearlman or Whitlock?

Draft saved Draft deleted