1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

OK, be an asshole.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

OK, be a trolling dipshit.

Mr. Sluggo and SFIND like this.
  3. Smallpotatoes

You don't think I'm asking a legitimate question?

What the fuck is wrong with you?

Jerry-atric likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

There are hundreds of home workouts on Youtube or elsewhere on the net. "My town is one of the hot spots."

If you really need someone else to confirm what your brain is already telling you, ok, don't go to the gym. Your workout is intended to prolong your healthy life, not risk it.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Smallpotatoes

Good enough. Thanks.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I too have been going to the gym since May. I've been working out with a mask, and my gym today made sure to post on social media that you should be wearing a mask whenever you're not actually exercising ... i.e., walking between stations, wiping down equipment, in the locker room, etc. Many weren't. I was because others weren't. The gym is feeling the pressure from the state that they may close and people just aren't taking it seriously. I think with enhanced ventilation, you can be OK, but I'm also basically ready to be done with it for a bit until things calm down. Light at the end of the tunnel with the vaccines coming, maybe it's just time to walk/bike and pick this back up when things are looking up.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I haven't been to my local Y since it originally closed in March. I'm probably back up to the weight I was before I got "on the wagon" about four years ago this month. I'm not proud of that, but it was just too much risk, and the Y is by the office in which I no longer work.

I walk 2-4K three or four times a week, try to run/walk 3-5K on Sundays and do Yoga with Adriene videos from YouTube four or five times a week, but all that stress eating adds up. I'm not proud of it, but cooking and eating is one enjoyable thing that isn't risky and doesn't require company.

Adriene is kind of my Quarantine Angel of sorts. I am possibly the most anatomically unsuited human for yoga (male, with a lot of "tight" joints, short arms and legs with a lot of mass in the middle), but she's serene without being overly pious, requires effort but is not in any way serious (some non-traditional poses include "Thriller arms") and is supportive without being ridiculously saccharine. Highly recommend.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020
  8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

More of the data the government didn’t want you to see.

9. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

That is a very good point.

10. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

“Over the router and through the wire, to Grandmother’s house we go!

We’ll see her today, if there’s no delay, ‘cause she’s not good with tech, you know-O!

Over the router and through the wire!
    Oh my, don’t you look cute!

Oh what will she say when she sees you this way?
    Darn! Grandma still has it on mute!”

HanSenSE, swingline, SFIND and 6 others like this.
  11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Hang in there, everyone.

garrow likes this.
  12. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

The vaccine is on the way, and I am grateful that there is a “light” at the end of the tunnel.

But what we have discovered about our nation over the course of the COVID 19 “pandemic” is not so easily erased.

People cannot reason!

Draft saved Draft deleted