1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Ugh. And also ugly.

A wrongful death lawsuit tied to COVID-19 infections in a Waterloo pork processing plant alleges that during the initial stages the pandemic, Tyson Foods ordered employees to report for work while supervisors privately wagered money on the number of workers who would be sickened by the deadly virus.

Earlier this year, the family of the late Isidro Fernandez sued the meatpacking company, alleging Fernandez was exposed to the coronavirus at the Waterloo plant where he worked. The lawsuit alleges Tyson Foods is guilty of a “willful and wanton disregard for workplace safety.”​

2. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Since the latest mask study is bound to come up eventually, whether here or on your various and sundry social media outlets.

3. SFIND

SFIND Well-Known Member

2muchcoffeeman and tea and ease like this.
  4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

If only Germany had effective leadership and the proper messaging, its people would not be protesting COVID restrictions to the point where WATER CANNONS have to be used against them.

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Boy I'm sold. If Germany is having problems, let's just throw up our hands and abandon any trying to control this...

SFIND, FileNotFound and garrow like this.
  6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Watercannonaboutism

Webster, swingline, SFIND and 2 others like this.
  7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

On a happier note ... In-N-Out opens its first two Colorado locations on Friday. Likely won't have much social distancing there.

playthrough and ChrisLong like this.
  8. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Always fresh, never frozen. Better get them cows into the barn.

MileHigh likes this.
  9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

This honestly is the best news I've heard in 2020. That and getting a job offer after being on the sidelines for eight months.

HanSenSE, garrow, playthrough and 3 others like this.
  10. Roscablo

Roscablo Well-Known Member

In a different time I may have tried to go get one here pretty soon. Probably not now, though.

MileHigh likes this.
  11. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Oh there will be social distancing, the problem is the social distancing is going to be for several blocks because everyone will be going through the drive through

wicked, SFIND, MTM and 1 other person like this.
  12. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

They closed our local In-N-Out for a few months for a remodel because the drive through backed up onto the city's main street. Now it backs up even farther, so I'm not sure what they did other than increase the outdoor dining area (pre-pandemic).

Draft saved Draft deleted