1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

When I was a kid I ran up a $600 phone bill (real money in the late 1980s) because I was curious and called anywhere and everywhere across the country. My parents weren't thrilled. Today I can do that for $60, tops.

As for the future of offices: We are an inherently social species and even if we no longer go in five days a week, maybe we'll do two or three. Collaboration over lunch is more productive than collaboration over FaceTime or Zoom. The lack of a commute is nice, but I also miss just sitting on the train, looking out the window and listening to a random podcast.

Reduced office usage does mean less office space is needed, more "bullpens" where desks change based on who's in that day, etc. Lots of developers in Boston are being bent over. There has been a building spree down in the Seaport. I wouldn't be surprised if some of those buildings never see a tenant.

maumann likes this.
  2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Just putting this here. Too many hmans on Earth, apparently

3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

SFIND likes this.
  4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Welp maybe Biden can get it right this time around!

5. TigerVols

This is a really interesting interview but of note is their discussion about office space/real estate in NYC in the coming years...

https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aH...EwjE6fu83Z7tAhU2FjQIHQLYDrwQieUEegQICBAF&ep=6

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

7. TigerVols

So, I originally replied with a gruesomely bad-taste joke about an anti-window-lockdown song from Clapton but I've thought the better of it. Please excuse my crassness.

lakefront likes this.
  8. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

We all want live music back. It's just that most of us aren't willing to die for it.

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I've always been an admirer of Van Morrison('s music). Youtube shall suffice.

SFIND, OscarMadison and Smallpotatoes like this.
  10. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

My friend, it is about the “venues” surviving.

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted