1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Any person who thinks I should care about or feel sympathetic toward these people’s feelings … well, fuck their feelings.

upload_2020-11-28_9-37-55.jpeg

And fuck the feelings of the person telling me to be sympathetic toward them.

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

How can Democrats reach out to voters like this guy?

Ex-Overstock CEO Says He’s Put Together an ‘Army of Various Odd People’ to Save Trump

.......he resigned in 2019 from the internet retailer he’d founded after panicking investors with his bizarre claims that he had romanced a Russian agent at the behest of “Men in Black” working for the United States government.

----Byrne has launched a media tour to promote his mysterious hacker team, appearing from an “undisclosed location” on OAN, Newsmax, and a series of far-fringe YouTube shows.

----During his post-election media tour, Byrne has made a series of other strange claims, including that he could be the reincarnation of an ancient Chinese monk.

3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

compassionate conservatism!

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

5. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

This is worrisome.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

When I was a kid growing up in the suburbs of Pittsburgh in the early 1980s, as US Steel was closing places left and right, it wasn’t uncommon for a teacher to scold a lazy or disinterested student by saying, “you better wake up because the Mills aren’t going to be there for you.” I didn’t know what it meant as a 9-year-old but I damn sure do now.

I think you have an entire subculture that was warned that their jobs were going away and to either get an education or retrained in something else and simply didn’t listen or did listen and thought it was doomsday speak. Now they’re mad and broke and, in many instances, have no one to blame but themselves, so of course they blame everyone but. Because blaming themselves would be admitting to making a mistake.

8. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

The steel thing is something that puzzles me. I don't know anything about the steel industry, but that's a product it seems to me would not be cost effective to bring in from China just because of the bulk and weight it.
    It seems like it would be much more efficient to keep it rolling out of Pittsburgh and Birmingham.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

You've got people out this way bellyaching about the timber industry that weren't even born before the jobs went away. And the jobs have gone away more due to technology and the economics than any environmental concern.

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Union Pacific RR operates a purpose built ship to move welded rail in 500 foot lengths from the steel mill in Japan to California and has for years. So it's cost effective for them.

(Too bad it turned out the mill had been falsifying quality tests for decades...)

11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It's almost as if people have been fed lies about their lives and they keep swallowing them without thinking. Oh, wait. That's exactly how it is.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

... when yinzers went to Pittsburgh on their honeymoon to watch the Penguins play the Flyers!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.