1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The Republicans did not author that shitty bill. I am writing about the most current stimulus bill. Not the entire handling of the pandemic.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Joe couldn’t afford to go this year because the ‘rona meant nobody wore anything but slippers. He had no work.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

But at least Republicans engaged in good faith negotiations to improve it!

McConnell Moves to Head Off Stimulus Deal as Pelosi Reports Progress

WASHINGTON — Senator Mitch McConnell, the majority leader, privately told Republican senators on Tuesday that he had warned the White House not to strike a pre-election deal with Speaker Nancy Pelosi on a new round of stimulus, moving to head off an agreement that President Trump has demanded but most in his party oppose.

2muchcoffeeman and Inky_Wretch like this.
  4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

The bill was not crafted in good faith. Why negotiate it?

5. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Because that's what politics is.

How do you know what was drafted in "good faith" and what wasn't?

But sure. Why blame the party who thinks the best government is no government for the failure of um, government.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I agree 100 percent.

I just don't have this expectation the human species will change its nature. Not even some of the loudest proponents of doing the "right" thing can resist cheating. There's always a reason. There's always a justification.

I've been calling BS on many of these "I did all the right things!" people forever. Short of catching them on video, maskless in a group of 20, what can you do?

7. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

In an unprecedented pandemic, the working man and his motorcycle is catalyst for the third wave, while an emergency stimulus bill has to crafted with nine gazillion pork chops because that's what politics is.

We couldn't look at the world more differently. It's a true divergence in worldview. I think I'm right, of course, but there are pros and cons to either approach. Further, the power structure - in the media, in academics, certainly in government - agrees with your perspective.

8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Neutral Corner likes this.
  9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

A Motorcycle Rally in a Pandemic? ‘We Kind of Knew What Was Going to Happen’

Sturgis Biker Rally Linked To 260,000 COVID cases

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

OscarMadison and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

the media drafted it maybe

12. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted