1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

My friend, that was his very good point!

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

They certainly learned, as all states did, what not to do with nursing homes. But you’d have to consider that a mistake for it to have been worthy of learning from.

It’s a little like how rallies and gatherings by the bad people spread the virus, but rallies and Halloween parties by the goods were no big deal.

Covid is a morality play, and has long been. The burden of guilt has shifted from Trump to the general population of bad people. One of the reasons that I hate Trump, is that he’s made this shift possible. The class warfare that awaits won’t be between economic bands. It’ll be teachers and nurses against small business owners and factory workers. Government officials against youth sports parents. It'll suck.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

People bitched about Halloween parties *constantly* in my parts of the world. Personally, I think trick or treating was fine, but that was not a popular opinion in liberal circles.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

They need to take a number ... I've been bitching about Halloween parties for 30 years.

RickStain likes this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Trick or treating? No. College and young adult Halloween parties? That spread it pretty well.

What you haven’t seen is mass guilting over Halloween. You saw it for Thanksgiving. The begging and pleading for weeks on end from teary-eyed medical residents did not come for Halloween, the great millennial cosplay event.

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Mngwa likes this.
  8. RickStain

A week before Halloween, our 7-day rolling average was 64k cases per day. A week before Thanksgiving, it was 170k.

TigerVols and OscarMadison like this.
  9. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Of course, it was a week before the election, too.

10. RickStain

... Are you asserting that people were *less* likely to be vocal about COVID before the election than after?

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The reason it wouldn't pass: Your boy from Kentucky has been unwilling to negotiate at all. He has done nothing. He hasn't said, "Come on. Some of this stuff is non-germane. Let's do something that a relief bill in a time of crisis is supposed to do." He has let it sit on his desk because he knows that inaction plays well enough with enough people in his backward, SEC state to benefit him personally.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  12. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Great story. What a guy

Draft saved Draft deleted