1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

He's not my boy - my goodness I'm tired of saying I'm not a Republican - and he didn't write the shitty bill. If you want to help people as it relates to the coronavirus, do that. Leave the other stuff for another day. What kind of pretzel logic is it to say "well, it's the job of the guy who didn't write the shitty bill to say it's shitty in order to being good faith negotiations."

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Huh you say he isn't ya boy but you sure are talking like he's ya boy. You know what would make it less of a "shitty bill?" If Ya Boy let's it be debated and amended and passed and then put through a conference committee to further revise. But you and Ya Boy don't actually want to help people so...

3. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

And that is under the assumption it's a "shitty bill." But it is just one guy calling it that, so who knows.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

As fascinating as is the Mitch-and-Nancy saga (wasn't that a plotline in A Mighty Wind?), anybody irritated at the UK being likely to approve the Pfizer vaccine a week before the FDA is even deigning to meet?

RickStain likes this.
  5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

They’re trying to head off some of the “don’t take it, it was rushed” talk by following a pre-planned process, but it’s not gonna work. I wouldn’t mind if they announced emergency use authorization tomorrow

6. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

My friend, to me, there is only one “UK”: the University of Kentucky Wildcats.

Sadly, the season has gotten off on the wrong foot.

doctorquant likes this.
  7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

If so, I apologize. You have done nothing to earn my anger. That might be bleeding over from a discussion on another board with someone who was blowing a gasket over what a violation of our rights it was to attempt to limit church attendance or close them. Even though the Supremes have weighed in, the debate continued to rage. I was told that my "inner dictator was coming out" because I took the position that sometimes government had to take draconian measures in a time of extremes, and that even small government conservatives generally agreed that preserving the public health was a legitimate function of government.

I was dealing with a couple of yahoos who take Alabama's state motto "We dare defend out rights" (more accurate free translation "We shall not be told") to heart and a lawyer who enjoys a good debate. It left me tense and irritable.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  8. Neutral Corner

Young people's Halloween parties do not feature elderly family members making a routine appearance, as a normal Thanksgiving does.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Why? Because another country does things without considering our schedule first?

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

I might very well interpret UK as being Kentucky, but "the UK" translates as United Kingdom to me.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I for one am happy some threads are shortened by half by use of The Button.

12. Neutral Corner

I get curious.

OscarMadison likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted