1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I know I use a lot of swear words here, but even I don't want to type what all I said when I read this.

Driftwood likes this.
  2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

It is a fairy tail, but it would be good PR if they gave just some fraction of the tests they give to the players.

And comparing nurses to football players is not random. It is comparing two different parts of the same organization. UCLA aren't just some letters. If UCLA isn't paying for the tests, I'll take your word for it because I haven't looked it up. But the optics point still stands. Conglomerate X which houses different subsidiaries provides Popular Offshoot with a needed thing but Necessary Offshoot doesn't have access to the same thing. Conglomerate X gets needed thing donated or it's paid for by Richy McRich, but it is still giving Popular Offshoot something Necessary Offshoot needs.

As for Hollywood, it's just a nonsequiter that you're using to distract from the fact that for reasons—legit or not—one part of the same organization has access to tests while anther part doesn't get.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Neutral Corner

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Saba Simba could have done a better job than that guy.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I don’t know if it’s all Covid-related, but I have never seen as many medical helicopters flying into the city from the sticks as I have been the past few days.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That’s another reason I think things are going to get rapidly better come January.

Americans are about to find out what hospital system overload looks like and it’s scary as hell. That won’t sway the MAGA true believers to be more careful, but 70% of the population is about to get slapped out of their pandemic fatigue.

Hermes, Deskgrunt50, HanSenSE and 4 others like this.
  7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Because of course when I get a virus, I immediately call my radiologist.

Baron Scicluna likes this.
  8. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Well, it does to you. Nurses not getting tests is bad optics regardless of whether a football team is. The football team thing is thrown in as a progressive virtue signal on What Really Matters.

Jerry-atric likes this.
  9. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Feed your inner Scotsman. Feed it.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Neutral Corner

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I’d be surprised if any of it was.

12. daemon

daemon Well-Known Member

One of the reasons a lot of Americans need that slap is because they've been hearing dire predictions like this since March and haven't seen it come to pass.

Draft saved Draft deleted