1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

How many teachers in Montgomery die during the course of the year anyway, amirite, @BTExpress?

Driftwood and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  2. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

Agreed, but as one whose wife works daily in such a hospital system, it's frightening to think what madness she'll have to go through before we get to that point that Americans finally, hopefully, wise the hell up.

Neutral Corner and OscarMadison like this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

In April, Life Flight dedicated a copter solely to flying Covid patients from the rural medical facilities to urban ones that were better equipped. Given the unchecked spread here - with rural counties getting the worst of it - I’d wager folding money you’re wrong.

4. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I agree. You’re right.

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That's the problem with a pandemic. I forget who gave this killer quote, but a pandemic that is successfully managed looks like overkill, and a pandemic that is unsuccessfully managed looks like it was inevitable and there was nothing we could have done.

wicked, qtlaw, 2muchcoffeeman and 5 others like this.
  6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Ya know, it IS possible to contract the virus from somewhere else other than the school. Or so I was led to believe after the first 6,000,000 or so were contracted that way.

Were there any MAGA rallies in Montgomery? :eek:

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Yes and it's disgusting. One thing about Massachusetts. Both Gov. Baker and Boston Mayor Marty Walsh have been scrupulously careful in observing any and all covid related restrictions. Walsh is especially cautious because he has an elderly mother whom he often cites when discussing the virus. Hasn't seen her in like nine months, and she lives about a mile from where he does.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

I … I … fuck it.

Illegal underground karaoke bars? Yeesh.

I got nothin’.

OscarMadison, Inky_Wretch and Batman like this.
  10. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Seems like it's been an especially big problem in California. Kuehl, San Francisco's mayor, Gov. Newsom, and a bunch of state legislators have all been caught in the "Do as I say, not as I do" pinch to one degree or another.

RickStain likes this.
  12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

There's a *lot* of businesses that have just said "fuck it". As long as they aren't attention whores in the media for it, they get away with it, at least around here.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted