1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Dibs on "Illegal Underground Grandma Karaoke Bars" as my band name

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The San Francisco Mayor's dinner at the French Laundry was in accord with the state restrictions on dining out. Bad judgment politically but not really flaunting her status.

3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I keep up with the town my old shop is in. Local bowling alley/arcade/restaurant had 200 people in to "protest" the state's closure of indoor dining, which included this memorable quote from one of the organizers:

“It’s about supporting our local businesses, because we are going to die of starvation and communism if we don’t stay open."

Well, less than a week later, the state pulled their liquor license. They posted a sign on their door blaming the state liquor control board, the state departments of health and agriculture and the city police and said they would be closed until "after these parties feel like we have suffered enough and graciously allow us to get back to business."

I do believe, as the kids say, these folks fucked around and found out.

4. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

5. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

How quickly does Trump flip out that the UK is distributing a vaccine first?

Certainly hope the folks overseas have done their due diligence on this one. We need this to work. A backfire would be catastrophic.

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I think it could be advantageous if it gets rolled out in the UK and/or Europe a couple weeks ahead of time. The lead time might be nice to prove it's working and safe before it widely reaches these shores. Then again, that's also what they said about thalidomide.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

In exactly the same way the Hollywood thing is thrown in as a conservative virtue signal on What Really Matters.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
    lakefront and Neutral Corner like this.
  9. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

April:

800.jpeg

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I picked it because it’s in LA, and it’s probably frivolous in the What Really Matters sweepstakes. I like it fine.

11. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Frivolous?

900000 Los Angeles jobs disagree.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

yeah, again, don’t have a problem with Hollywood. Do have a great problem with the constant use of football as the juxtaposition to nurses.

Draft saved Draft deleted