1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Thanksgiving Day. My shift started at 5 a.m. to give the night crew a little break since we'd temporarily gone back to 24/7 operations for the holiday. My biggest concern was a state law that prohibits alcohol sales between 2-6 a.m., but I digress ...

Around noon, with about an hour left in my shift, four men come through my line, including one teen, not masked. So I ask him to put on a mask. So he replies, "Who says I have to?"
    Me: "Directive from the state and store policy."
    Him: "The governor didn't wear one at the restaurant ...."
    At which time my BS meter pegged so I paged the manager and front-end manager. The front-end manager and one of the evening managers came up and I asked them to explain the mask policy to the kid. A couple of minutes later, the evening manager asked me "(HsnSen) are we okay now?"
    "As long as he wears his mask."
    Later on the evening manager tells me he'd seen the teen acting up before and suggested saying something like, "If the governor jumps off the Golden Gate Bridge, will you do that too?" But I think what bugs me most about the whole situations is the adults in the party didn't do a thing to put the kid in line. But they did stay masked and were pleasant to deal with, actually.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Tomorrow morning like clockwork Lee Corso will be trending on Twitter, and it's due to 95 percent of the Twitterati hating on him and his slurred speech. That sorta belies the idea that no one finds him offensive.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The Centers for Disease Control has issued new coronavirus guidelines, including requesting “universal face mask use” by Americans, as the US again set a record for the highest daily number of coronavirus deaths.

CDC advises 'universal' masks indoors as US Covid deaths again break records

On Thursday, 2,879 people died from coronavirus, according to Johns Hopkins University, while there were 217,664 new cases, which is also a record.

In another grim marker for the US, the number of people admitted to hospital with Covid exceeded 100,000 for the second day in a row, as the top infectious disease official, Dr Anthony Fauci, warned: “January is going to be terrible.”

---------

The CDC also recommended people avoid “non-essential indoor spaces” and postpone travel.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  5. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

8. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Flip flopper!

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I am so glad I am isolating on my own right now so I can see my dad for Christmas (and before any jackasses say anything, the only time I've left my house in the last week is to get my mail. My groceries were delivered. I may only leave my house next week to get a Covid test to be extra sure) because the nut-bars are going to be in full force with their emotional support flags on the overpasses and working the local corners.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Except hit a curveball.

UPChip likes this.
  11. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Closing outdoor activities is counterproductive

lakefront likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted