1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

This thing got smacked back in the GOP's face harder than a Dikembe Mutumbo rejection.

2. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I had something in January where I had to sleep in my Laz-y-Boy for a week
    I normally sleep on my stomach but I couldn’t breathe sleeping that way
    It took me about three weeks before I felt healthy again

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    bigpern23 and maumann like this.
  3. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I slept half the month of January. Including in the car before shifts. I am convinced I had it.

Also lost a lot of weight in the months following, but I was boxing again when I got my energy back.

Rudy is a multiple-cigar-a-day smoker. That has been seen as a flag but I've read the opposite, that the virus likes only healthy fleshy lungs.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  4. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Dan didn't think so.

matt_garth likes this.
  5. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

I've been arguing with a Trumper on my FB page who was insistent that, the previous Washington Generals court record notwithstanding, SCOTUS would step in and save the election for Trump when it counted.

Whoops. Guess not.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Even packing the Supreme Court failed for Trump.

TowelWaver, 2muchcoffeeman and wicked like this.
  7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Was that from just Alito or the whole court?

8. SoloFlyer

SoloFlyer Well-Known Member

Whole court.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Per CNN, unsigned opinion. But there were no dissenting opinions.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

(Virginia Beach, Va) October, 2020
    Pat Robertson declaredthat he had heard from the Lord: “Without question, Trump is going to win the election.”

Is Pat Robertson a liar or is The Lord?

11. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

"Joe Biden ... won the Democratic nomination and the presidency because he was a moderate and, frankly, because he could work with the other side," says Jim Kessler, executive vice president for policy at Third Way, a centrist Democratic group. "That wasn't a bug, that was a feature, and I expect that the majority of the people in his Cabinet are going to be those who can work with the other side."

Biden Cabinet battles signal a larger struggle over his strategy - CNNPolitics

I worry that this is the mindset of Team Biden. Biden's win wasn't an "ideological" thing - that Biden won because Dems wanted a leader to work with Republicans. He won because people thought he had the best chance to beat Trump period, which is why the other moderates running dropped out not wanting to split the vote and have Sanders win more primaries. Again, Biden won exactly one primary - his first ever - before most of the field threw in their chips. If Democrats really think they can work with the GOP - or more accurately that the GOP will work with them, after the last 12 years, they are kidding themselves. The press might lap it up - but there is ZERO incentive for the GOP to "work" with a Biden administration, and Biden's "ability to cross the aisle" didn't do a whole lot for the Obama administration.

I also hope that Team Biden is better at running a government than they were at running a campaign - that thing was foundering until Jim Clyburn came in and saved his bacon in South Carolina.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    OscarMadison and maumann like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.