1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

TowelWaver likes this.
  2. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

An unsigned holiday message from the Supremes to Trump and the GOP: GFY.

Democracy wins again.

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Biden to the GOP: We’ll give you a month to stop your intransigence. They won’t, so it’ll be time to bust out the whoop ass. I look forward to Lindsey Graham and Mitch McConnell objecting to use of the Vacancies Act.

OscarMadison, maumann and TowelWaver like this.
  4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Putin

maumann likes this.
  5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

My sister went with my nephew on a college campus visit in January. A week or so later they both got waylaid by what they thought was a nasty case of the flu.
    Both think think it was the corona, but neither has been gotten the antibody test.

maumann likes this.
  6. heyabbott

With any luck and foresight the Biden team is setting up the media to do its job. The story should be Absolute Republican Obstruction. The story, unfortunately will be two-fold. 1. Why isn’t Biden compromising. 2. What did trump say?

will journalists hold McConnell’s feet to the fire they way they did not do to trump?

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  7. Amy

Amy Well-Known Member

There wasn’t an Opinion. There was an Order denying the request for injunctive relief.

This is the entire thing:

(ORDER LIST: 592 U.S.)
    TUESDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2020
    ORDER IN PENDING CASE 20A98 KELLY, MIKE, ET AL. V. PENNSYLVANIA, ET AL.
    The application for injunctive relief presented to Justice Alito and by him referred to the Court is denied.

maumann likes this.
  8. heyabbott

Pennsylvania has certified the election within the safe harbor period. Case closed.

maumann likes this.
  9. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I spent almost all of December trying to get over something that doctors couldn't pin down that I picked up during a Thanksgiving weekend visit to a packed Disney Springs to see the Christmas decorations.

First, it was thought to be sinusitis, but it didn't go away with antibiotics. At the time, our area was having a "really bad flu season" so when I went to the urgent care clinic for a followup, the doctors told me to touch nothing on the way out (after getting a shot for steroids in an effort to solve the lethargy and terrible uncontrollable cough).

I finally started to feel better once we returned to Florida in January, but have wondered whether we were already seeing some form of early onset pandemic even then. I have not gotten a test for antibodies.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
    bigpern23 likes this.
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Denouncing myself, blaming soccer and yadda, yadda, yadda.

11. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

People (or bots) on twitter are saying, "Yeah, this is all part of the plan. They denied this because they are going to take up the Texas case. It's a lot stronger with more evidence."

Uhhhhhh, no.

I'd pay $10 if a couple of blue state AGs filed suit to invalidate the Texas election, citing irregularities and disenfranchisement in Houston. Texas would lose its shit.

12. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.