1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

To me it comes down to "Have the people who reacted to the Covid vaccine had reactions to vaccines in the past?". If the answer is yes, I don't find it all that unusual or concerning. If you have that history, be damn sure to let the people administering the injection know so that they can be prepared should you have another one. Anaphylaxis is on the very serious end of the reaction scale.

If the reactions are out of the blue, happening to people with no history of these, that's a different matter.

I read that the two who had reactions have had them before and travel with an epipen. This would argue that it's not a problem with the vaccine so much as with their immune response.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I recall reading that people with a history of such events were excluded from the clinical trials.

3. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

My friend, I may be staying away from all vaccines with some of what is coming out regarding COVID 19.

Thank you for keeping up with much of this worrisome news.

4. doctorquant

In looking at the safety facets of the study as presented in this report ...

https://www.fda.gov/media/144245/download

... I couldn't help but chucking at this: "Among participants 16 to 17 years of age, there was 1 participant in the vaccine group who experienced [a Significant Adverse Event] of facial bones fracture, which was not considered related to study intervention by the investigator."

RickStain likes this.
  5. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

What’s the date?

And what’s the full month results for December 2020?

And again, I ask you what’s the date?

6. doctorquant

Today is December 9, 2020.

The full month results for December of 2020 will not be in until December 31, 2020 (I would assume).

Per that link, the through-the-6th comparison of December of 2020 to December of 2019 is that rent-having-been-paid is down 7.8% 9.4%.

I arrived at my rough assessment by looking at this year's and last year's month-by-month numbers as presented in that chart. Did I do something wrong? It's happened before.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

8. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Ms. wicked’s test is negative. Thanks for the earlier kind words.

I still might burn down her friend’s house, but only after giving the young children time to escape.

9. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

This thread is worth a read if the allergy thing today scared you about the vaccine:

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Sure. The report was written because rent payments through the pandemic have been pretty spot on with previous years, but with unemployment and another stimulus potentially not on it's way, the dip in December, they wrote 7.8% but you obviously know more and corrected them, is putting them on alert.

But you say no big deal.

11. doctorquant

I didn't say "no big deal." I said I don't think, relative to so many other things that someone at a distance might worry about, that this ranks relatively high (stipulating that "this" is actually a thing). I wrote, in direct response to someone who worries broadly "that this all spirals out of control even as the vaccine circulates" ... "I don't know as I'd get too worried about this (seeing as there are so many other things one might worry about)."

And I am at present unconvinced that rent payments are all that out of whack with historical norms.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Listening to NPR this morning and they did one of those stories and people undergoing hardship and it featured a guy worried about his ability to repay his student loans, thinking he'd be paying them off until he was 70. Apparently COVID-19 has been particularly hard on accupuncturists....

Draft saved Draft deleted