1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Cases and infections are not synonymous. There are always far more infections than cases.

COVID19-projections.com estimates that 37% of SD was infected as of two weeks ago:

COVID-19 Projections | South Dakota | US Infection Estimates

It’s over 40% by today

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The same methodology tells us that the US is at ~20% and picking up infections at almost 2% of the population per week.

A third of the country will have had it by the time Inauguration Day comes around. Between that and vaccinations, this thing is gonna burn out pretty quickly in 2021. It’s just gonna give us one hell of a final act

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

This’ll be as close as we’re going to get.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Russia: “We have a vaccine!”

Also Russia:

6. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

But they mean just the hard stuff, not Vodka, right?

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    i am now ready for vaccination very safe now

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Story in local fish wrap (yeah I still have two local papers delivered in AM) today about how one small rural town (and others) are openly defying the stay at home order in CA because "they don't feel it does anything" so people are crowding into bars and restaurants indoors like its 1999. This enrages me because think of the calculus, one one hand, what's the sacrifice? Stay at home, sorry you can't drink in a bar or eat at a restaurant or go to some mass gathering. No one is taking away your internet or TV or making you do anything. On the other hand, nearly 300,000 people have died to date, and you are opening up the potential for YOU and those around you of dying. How is that even a question? Look at what you're sacrificing, there's no gas rationing, no rubber rationing, no food rationing, no one is taking your guns, just stay home and wear a mask. Ridiculous. (Okay rant over.)

10. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

Without pun, there is no acupuncture.

Regan MacNeil likes this.
  11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Like rain on your wedding day.

12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

More than a month on from November 3 and it still hasn’t “gone away.”

Draft saved Draft deleted