1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

If this goes full-on Supreme Court overturn, people aren't going to protest peacefully to where the right can shoot at them. No way all of the cops and military can stop millions of angry, outraged citizens in thousands of cities. Tiananmen Square will look like a square dance in comparison.

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

When's open season on hillbillies, y'all?

3. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

I'm not a lawyer, and the definition requires some substantial proof, but I'm guessing signing your name as a sworn elected official to support a suit that you know on its face is misleading and frivilous should be considered dancing on the fine edge of sedition.

TowelWaver, Driftwood and Mngwa like this.
  4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

When Trump and his minions started protesting and challenging the election results I admit

At first I was afraid, then I was petrified.
    I kept thinking I could never live without Trump by my side
    But then I spent so many nights thinking how he did me wrong
    And I grew strong
    And I learned how to get along

Odd thought - Anyone ever wondered how this song EVER gets played at a wedding? And yet it does....

HanSenSE and maumann like this.
  5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

"Theaterwide Biotoxic and Chemical Warfare" or "Global Thermonuclear War"

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Good luck filling your grocery stores, restaurants, gas tanks and plumbing pipes and heating your 350-sf San Francisco apartments without the rural areas. :)

Metro centers are possible BECAUSE of rural areas.

bigpern23 likes this.
  7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It’s a lot of definitions. Insanity. Narcissism. Delusional Megalomania.

8. DanOregon

At some point, don't we need to start ripping Bar memberships from lawyers who knowingly perpetuate a fraudulent action? Like doctors who don't follow mask mandates or who don't sterilize their surgical instruments "because germs aren't real."

OscarMadison and heyabbott like this.
  9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Works both ways. And BTW, California could feed itself quite well without the rest of the US. It is our leading domestic food producer. So could New York State, Pennsylvania, Illinois and Michigan.

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Cities used to be fairly self-sufficient and could be again with some planning. A big reason they aren't anymore is the destructive forces of capitalism.

11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Remember "he really understands the data"?

12. DanOregon

While I do think there needs to be some carry-over - if you've already got Fauci on board you are well aware of the nonsense that has been going on, what has and hasn't been taken care of etc. Birx would be redundant.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.