1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I think you could make a convincing argument that the GOP is no longer a conservative party, but rather an anti-liberal party. Their platform is anything that will soothe the grievances of their base and punish the neighbors who call them stupid, racists and bigots.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I am so fed up with the GOP; got me remembering Benghazi all over again. I (we) lost my law school classmate, the Ambassador to Libya, the kindest, most humble human being there was and all the GOP did was politicize the tragedy for gain, not because they cared about him or the others. Did anything change once the GOP came to power? No. Now this election crap. I can only dream the GOP becomes the 21st century version of the Whig party.

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

When Biden is sworn in next month is about half the country going to suffer a psychological break? Seriously - American mental health professionals shouldn't be planning any vacations because it's going to be a mass triage event. For folks who remember that movie Somewhere in Time.

[​IMG]

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Schumer and Pelosi may be great at strategery and counting votes, but that’s what they should be — back-room operators who make sure the trains run on time. Democrats need someone in Congress, probably a white guy unfortunately, out front who can articulate the party’s message and platform and go on the attack. AOC and her Squadmates will be viewed as too loud and annoying, for whatever reasons are brought up (it’s really mostly race). Buttigieg did that quite effectively when he went on Fox News, but perhaps you want someone a little more brash.

OscarMadison and maumann like this.
  6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

For all the nonsense Trumpist spew about protests against the police across the country - what Republicans are doing now - to democracy - is a far bigger threat with far deeper consequences. Maybe we should start calling them Real Former Americans.

OscarMadison and wicked like this.
  7. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

Or maybe just "Elections have consequences".

garrow likes this.
  8. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

Yep, Donald. And you did. Welcome to a first.. a win, if you will. A win at losing.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

But it isn't even true that he's first. Nixon won all three of those states in 1960 and lost.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

So it's almost Christmas
    And what have you done
    300,000 dead
    And more to come
    And it's almost Christmas
    I hope you'll be on the run
    From state and city ones
    Crimes old and young
    A very merry Christmas
    And a happy New Year
    For the reds and the blues
    Without any coups
    Happy Xmas
    Election's over
    Happy Xmas
    Election's over

HanSenSE and TowelWaver like this.
  11. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

If this was the choice, it should have just been Harris. First woman as VP or P and she's not white.

12. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Swawell? Although the China thing is, for now, an issue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.