1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

I Should Coco and maumann like this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I had to do a double-take as I was wondering when Robert Redford had become CDC director.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I'd be OK with that

butch-cassidy-and-the-sundance-kid-sex-scandals-and-movie-trivia.png

lakefront and OscarMadison like this.
  4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

5. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

6. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

The post office is a really unpleasant experience right now.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

And it had always been such fun!

HC, 3_Octave_Fart and Jerry-atric like this.
  8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

The Arkansas Governor did a primetime address last night about Covid. He announced no new restrictions (bars, gyms, indoor dining are all still open) even as ICUs across the state are almost full. It was basically "thoughts and prayers."

9. Jerry-atric

That is a very good point.

10. Jerry-atric

This is worrisome.

11. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I mean this nicely: Is it any different than what they wanted us to know a month ago? Or three months ago? Or six?

Is there anyone in America who would care to know...who does not know...what the nurses want us to know? Or are these stories really designed to preach to people who not only know, but agree?

Now, 7 different ICU nurses in 7 different languages...with no subtitles...that'd be interesting.

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

I just think it's really unwise to use a disease like this. Really, really unwise. It feels manipulative, designed to trigger something in Americans that makes COVID akin to a terrorist attack. It seems shallow and cheap and, honestly, reflective of how little crap the US has actually been through.

Are other nations doing this? I'm genuinely curious. Is France comparing COVID to the occupation of Paris? Is Spain conjuring up comparisons to the Franco regime? Japan has done quite well, of course, because the entire nation masked up, but I can't imagine that nation dragging Hiroshima out to make its point. It's damn near sacrilegious.

Draft saved Draft deleted