1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Muh Muh Muh My Corona (virus)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Twirling Time, Jan 21, 2020.

1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

quant, I always rather enjoyed the people-watching at the post office. Or anywhere out in general. But we can't have nice things anymore.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

He's really going out on a limb with that one ... I don't know how long it's been since the average daily deaths in the U.S. didn't exceed 3,000, but I'm pretty sure it's been decades.

3. doctorquant

It can be pretty cheap entertainment, that's for sure.

And ftr, I'm just messin' with ya.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

What disease kills 3,000 Americans per day and has for decades?

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

It's all good, I'm like Road House Dalton when he moves into that ass bungalow, I don't want a fight with nobody over nothing.

6. doctorquant

Life ...

P.S. To be clear, I am ribbing the (purposeful?) vagueness of the tweet. The implication is clear, but covid-19 (and associated deaths) could vanish tomorrow and it still would be correct.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  7. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

He was great in “The Client.”

8. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

COVID 19 is nothing to joke about, my friend.

9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Again, with zero assistance coming from the federal government, you're basically putting people out of business if you shut down said businesses. The difference between now and spring is that there was an incentive to stay home in the form of financial help from the federal government.

I have no idea what kind of capacity restrictions there are in Arkansas. Are these businesses operating at full or reduced capacity?

10. Bud_Bundy

Bud_Bundy Well-Known Member

I had 2 packages to mail earlier this week. The post office line was out the door not long after the place opened in the morning. So I went to a nearby UPS store, probably paid more, but was the only customer in the store and was in and out in about 5 minutes.

3_Octave_Fart likes this.
  11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

12. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

garrow and HanSenSE like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted