1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

What’s the timeline on this stupid Texas lawsuit? How much longer till we know if the country survives or if it’s over?

TowelWaver likes this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

But who will protect the children from grizzly bear attacks?

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

FYI, after my post last night, Stauber announced he was signing on this morning. Disgusting bootlicker.

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Landmines that surround schools.

maumann and HanSenSE like this.
  5. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I am so embarrassed to be a Tennessean right now. I hope all of those lawmakers are ass-raped by rabid silverbacked mountain gorillas and then dismembered and eaten by their own grandchildren after Trader Joe's runs out of macaroni and cheese and canned tuna.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If they just refuse to hear it without written decision, today probably. If want to write, sometime over weekend. I am increasingly of the opinion it doesn't matter what they rule. Either constitutional democracy ends with this ruling it will be done by 2024 one way or the other. The only way to defeat fascists is with force, force Democrats will never use. Did you know it would be quite constitutional for states with GOP legislatures and governors to pass laws ending direct election of the electoral college and giving that power to the legislature? It is.

7. Michael_ Gee

The House is the sole judge of the credentials of its members. Pelosi and the Democratic majority should refuse to seat the 126 Republicans who got on board with overturning the election on the grounds they are traitors. Quite constitutional too.

8. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

This needs to have a written decision, throwing it out and making it quite clear that in the future no Supreme Court will tolerate this kind of treason.

Anyone who signed on to this lawsuit should have their certification to argue a case before the Supreme Court permanently revoked, as well.

9. Michael_ Gee

The likelihood of the court doing that is very small. Much easier just to state the case won't be heard. Besides, are we sure a majority of the court isn't in favor of this kind of treason? I'm pretty sure that if the petition is rejected, some of the votes against will be just wishing the treason was more artfully done.

TowelWaver likes this.
  10. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

FWIW, most major metro papers' editorial boards are slamming their own state's elected Republicans left and right today.
    That and $1.49 cents won't get me a Pepsi out of most vending machines, but at least it's on the record.

garrow and maumann like this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think Roberts may write something short - take the heat off the rest of the judges, but issue it as a unanimous decision. Say this for Roberts - he seems to value and recognize the position he has and realizes if SCOTUS just becomes a kangaroo court - all bets will be off.
    Maybe it will be something simple like telling Texas et. al to come back when they have some evidence to present, or state that the Constitution and "this court" have been very clear about elections. Unanimously even.

https://www.supremecourt.gov/opinions/19pdf/19-465_i425.pdf

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.