1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Whatever he's drinking, I hope it's served in this.

[​IMG]

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Allen West was too much of a whack job for Palm Beach County, Fla. He served one term in a district in which I lived, and the voters were all “look how woke we are — we voted a person of color to the house, and he’s Republican too!” Then they realized he was batshit crazy and he was quietly voted out in the next election.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2020
  3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Hopefully the kind they served in Jonestown.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Every state that signed on to this can go ahead and leave and establish their own country whenever they'd like. There are legions of people who mocked and celebrated "liberal tears" when Trump beat Clinton. For the past four years, they have established their brand not by advocating new ideas but simply by opposing the damned libruhls. Now they have shown their true colors. They are not Americans. They are this century's Confederates.

5. 2muchcoffeeman

Nah, they don’t get to have their own country. We’ll imprison them in this country that they hate.

maumann likes this.
  6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

“With the first pick, in the 2021 Texas Teams Dispersal Draft, the New York Jets select ... Hunter Niswander ...”

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Were Alito and Thomas just saying that they would hear the case as a courtesy but unlikely to side with Trump? And I think Anthony Scalia is rolling over in his grave with all of this nonsense.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

Alito and Thomas are of the opinion that suits between states deserve some sort of a hearing by default …. so, yeah.

9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I hadn't thought about it, but I bet Parler is buck wild tonight.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Ok. But any state seceding has to give back any federal aid. I did the research. Texas got $269 billion last year. And remember, the US Treasury only takes cashiers checks or money orders.
    Secede my ass. Red states are sucking the government tit big time. When the whack jobs quiet down, someone will quickly figure out no state can afford to secede.

tapintoamerica and heyabbott like this.
  11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Trump stunned judges chosen by The Federalist Society are actually federalists.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I get being disappointed that your candidate lost. I get that feeling that the other side is going to run roughshod over you and do a lot of things that you’re going to absolutely hate. And yes, there are people who are concerned that the other side is going to take away certain rights.

Bit here’s the thing. As much as this country has a lot of problems and issues and things to improve, we still accept that it’s a pretty damn good country and that we’ve accepted for the last 160 years that the candidate who the people want to be president does peacefully become president, even with the weird system that we have.

Which means the GOP needs to snap out of the insanity, get its shit together, come up with some actual tangible new ideas that are workable, and come back in four years with a candidate who can appeal to the electorate.

Or it can go the way of the Federalist and Whig parties and never adapt.

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.