1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

My wife, Dr. Driftwood, has an EdD. She is a university dean and professor. I know how hard she worked to get it. So on her behalf, allow me to say fuck this guy.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

You want to see the one I'm about to tip my local muckraker on - Look at Birmingham PD, then Jefferson County (also B'ham) Sheriff, JeffCo Sheriff in Center Point. Then look at the Jefferson County Alabama Sheriff in Bessemer. You wanna see a loooong list? Included eight (8) Animal Prods. Eight utility trucks at $375k each and a 107 mm mortar carrier at $205k. I wonder if they pulled a snap inventory how many of those could be found where they are supposed to be.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    2muchcoffeeman and maumann like this.
  3. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Holy crap! This is a mortar carrier.

[​IMG]

You never know when you might be called upon to protect the graves of Davey Allison and Neil Bonnett.

2muchcoffeeman, wicked and Driftwood like this.
  4. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

5. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I don't have to look it up. I know my local PD got at APC. I've seen them driving it around.
    I can't for the life of me figure why they need it. Well, they don't need it. They wanted it.
    A big crime day around here is when instead of run of the mill shoplifting, some meth head was naked when he did it.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

The militarization of your local PD has been going on for years, but really accelerated after 9/11.

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Well, that last line will live in infamy.

Baron Scicluna and maumann like this.
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

9. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

The grift that keeps on giving up here is what the sheriff confiscates from his frequent drug busts. All cash, vehicles and any items of value in the home are taken "as evidence." And then he pockets the money and sells the rest off after the conviction, via auction.

This week's bust netted two ATVs and three cars, in addition to a nice pile of dough.

Pretty nice scheme if you can get it. My buddy Neal just retired after 41 years of living comfortably on his spoils.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  10. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Fer a dollar?

11. Neutral Corner

Bessemer is west side Birmingham, and there are a lot of shootings there... but I really don't think they *really* need that thing. I wonder how much the annual maintenance on those vehicles costs.

12. Neutral Corner

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.