1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Very fine people

2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

The Proud Boys aspire to be Nazis. Trump will spend the next four years encouraging them as he seeks to win another term in 2024. He will have this opportunity because his klan lacks the guts to stop him.
    Yet we are told that the scourge of America is the media, not Trump and his klan. We are told that the media is to be condemned because it writes stories about nurses during the Trumpandemic.
    It's time for every respectable national outlet to call the Proud Boys and others gathering in Trump's name for what they are: nascent Nazis. Their goal, as seen by the unprovoked beating of black teens in DC tonight, is a race war. And their president is cheering them on. And the president's party is giving it all cover.

Dyno, OscarMadison and Mngwa like this.
  3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

4. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Jesus, these wankers are nuts. Well, GOP, as you sow so shall you reap.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2020
  6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

Probably where this belongs because I'm sure it's related to political appointments.
    I ordered some stuff from Amazon this week. I twas supposed to delivered on Saturday.
    Friday 2:05 p.m. departed Amazon facility in neighboring state
    Friday 8:09 p.m. transferred to my local post office (about 3 miles from my house)
    Saturday no delivery
    Sunday 3:08 departed Amazon facility in neighboring state

????? They sent it back to Amazon instead of delivering it to me, and this isn't the first time the exact same thing has happened in the last six months.

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This was such a big problem on Cape Cod this summer the regional newspaper wrote a story about it. Was traced to mislabeling packages at a specific Amazon warehouse. May not be the case here, but that's what is was then.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Wait, her opponent--a Christian pastor--is the radical?

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Anyone who says the USPS is back to normal is either lying or not paying attention. I had a package reach Jacksonville and never be heard from again. Stuff to Ky and Ohio took double digit days when in the past it would be less than five. Shipped something from NH to Texas for my brother.. hasn't arrived although had something sent to me on the same order and I've have it for at least a week.

Driftwood and OscarMadison like this.
  10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

11. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

This is the monster they built. Oh no, it's attacking them for some reason.

Fred siegle and OscarMadison like this.
  12. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Morons.

When I mailed my ballot, I had to stand away from the road and wait to be sure it was the right delivery person before I could put the envelope in the box just before she pulled up. The days I did this, there were a couple of men in car stopping at boxes with the flags up and looking at the contents. I used to think people who talked about things like this were misinterpreting what they saw or just plain paranoid.

A few weeks ago, I mailed a kids art book to a child in the next subdivision over in my suburb. I used to handle mailing stuff for the day treatment center I worked at and for my church. Anything going over the county line into Davidson/Nashville took one to two days. Sometimes stuff that was mailed in the morning for delivery within my county was delivered the same day. This package for this little kid took five days to be scanned at the local PO. Then it sat in Nashville for another day. From there it went to Memphis for six days. After that, it came back to Nashville for a day, spent a day in Mt. Juliet, then another three days in the local PO before it was finally delivered. The book was for an online kids art activity thingie I taught this summer. It was mailed instead of sent via email as a PDF because they didn't have a printer and they are sheltering in place. I swear I want to go down to the PO, take off my Docs, and beat everyone senseless with them.

Driftwood and TowelWaver like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.