1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Just basic liability? Makes sense for older cars

2. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I avoid auto pay. Like somebody said upthread, I don't like people dipping into my bank account. And I heard too many stories of how difficult it was to stop if you want to end their services, especially gyms.
    I don't think I have anything that discounts for using auto pay. I think I have The Athletic on auto pay. That might be the only one.
    I pay every bill online each time. My bank account also has a software to enter the information for all of your monthly bills, then you click a button and it makes the payment. I don't use that either.

3. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Auto pay is one of biggest money makers for tech companies because many people forget about it.

I hate auto pay and debit cards. You can contest on credit cards easily but if it’s on your bank account? Not the same; they have your money not just a claim on your credit limit, big difference.

2muchcoffeeman and wicked like this.
  4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I write two checks a month — to my gardener, which I hand to him, and rent, which I hand deliver. The only check I receive is for expenses from work, which are rare now that I’m not accruing many miles.

I auto pay utilities but not credit cards, I want to be able to pay more or less depending on other expenses that month. And I still get mailed copies of bills and not email because it’s easier for me to track due dates that way. I do pay those online, though.

5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I write checks to pay my rent, which I like to do in person just to check in with any maintenance concerns and stuff, and for church, mostly because the auto-payment system they have there is kind of unwieldy.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I needed to check my credit because there was a chance I was compromised (I wasn't). They offered one of those free periods but needed a card if I wanted to keep it. Of course I forgot. Flash forward some amount of time, I'm back in school and had left my job and was really pinching pennies (student loans and sub gigs were getting me through). I look through my statement and damned if that credit monitoring was still on there. Tried to cancel. Website gave me the run-around. Tried to call the number listed on the statement. It was just some recoding trying to sell things. Finally had to file a dispute and got the charges stopped and refunded. Thank goodness it was on my credit card and not my debit

qtlaw likes this.
  7. Noholesinone

Noholesinone Well-Known Member

You wouldn’t be in this position if you had just hired Vinny Gambini in the first place.

2muchcoffeeman and heyabbott like this.
  8. Wenders

Wenders Well-Known Member

I think I have autopay enabled on my cable bill and my student loan payment, both of which offered incentives for it.

Otherwise, I like going and checking my bank account before paying to make sure I don't need to move money around before I hit the Send button.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  9. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Mine is $75 a month for a 1999 Jeep Wrangler and a 2000 BMW 323i. Obviously I don’t have collision either.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I still write checks for my mortgage, although I think I might autopay for that eventually once my account settles down. My mortgage was just sold to another company, and there was a screwup where I had written a check to the old company since they sent a bill, then the new company sent two bills, one for the month without the payment with the old company and one with. I even got a “you’re in danger for foreclosure” notice from a collector, who I called and left a nasty voicemail, telling them that they needed to get their shit together.

I also write checks for my credit card, due to flexibility) and heat/electric. I autopay my car insurance and car payment. Credit card is almost paid off, so those payments are going toward my car payment in a month or two.

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I have full coverage and it is $45 a month. Geico. Auto draft because of the discount.

bunch of y’all are getting ripped off by your insurance company.

I haven’t written a check in years and the address on my check book is two addresses ago.

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Geico for several years, auto draft, $37 a month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.