1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

2. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Meh. It takes a big man to rip apart a woman who has dedicated her life to teaching. And not just teaching, but teaching in a community college, that kind of educational institution that is priced in a way that brings education opportunities to people that don't necessarily have the opportunity to go to a 4-year. So who gives a f*** what Kyle Smith thinks?

3. Songbird

Not so much what he thinks just indicative of what to expect for the next 4 years, or until Joe possibly has to give way to Kamala before '24.

It's war.

OscarMadison likes this.
  4. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Not sure what started all this.

Is Jill Biden on the record somewhere recently insisting on the 'Dr.' ?

Or is this just more chum for the suckers?

OscarMadison and Inky_Wretch like this.
  5. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Funny how four years at Yale didn't teach him it should have been "they" and not "he."

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

If arguing over whether to call someone doctor is our civil war, I’ll take it over Bull Run and Antietam.

The crazy part is, before COVID, and aside from culture war shit and the entire globe melting, this was one of the more uneventful four years we’ve had in a while.

We self-destructed for no good reason other than social media making people batshit crazy.

Now we’ve got one full charge at stopping climate catastrophe and I don’t see any chance in hell we’ll be able to pull it off.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2020
    OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The whole point is to drag the legitimacy of the President down, even if done through his wife. It’s why there were pieces about Michelle Obama only getting into Princeton because of her race and that her senior thesis called for the overthrow of the US government.

I don’t care about First Ladies. For me, Melania was a very pretty woman soon approaching her expiration date and who went into her marriage with eyes open. She got the kid and the cushy lifestyle while he got to feel like Father Time was pushed back a little bit by having her on his arm. If public displays are to be believed, it has all of the warmth and intimacy of a deposition, except in a deposition people actually converse.

But in context of the misdeeds of this administration, she’s about 2,000th on the list.

Scout, OscarMadison, HanSenSE and 3 others like this.
  9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Songbird

It doesn't?

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

If it's true that she has a history of insisting on the "Doctor" honorific (outside of the classroom or the halls of academe) then she deserves this flailing. However, like you I have found no answer to that question.

OscarMadison likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.