1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If we didn't know there was some amount of misogyny in the piece from the topic, that certainly adds to the evidence.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It appears this all started because somebody noticed her Twitter handle is @DrBiden.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. outofplace

Thank you for raising this point. Based on credentials and name recognition, she could easily find a job somewhere more prestigious than NOVA. I'm surprised we haven't seen her reviews from ratemyprofessor.com yet. Those are usually mixed at best.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Mine aren't (they're uniformly awful) ... gotta admire someone with my level of consistency!

I did get a chili pepper once, though.

HC and Mngwa like this.
  5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Electoral College by 17.

HanSenSE and Hermes like this.
  6. outofplace

I'm fairly certain you teach subjects I wouldn't touch if someone was paying me to take the class. That probably doesn't help. :)

I'm sure someone could find what they would try to pass off as evidence of her poor teaching on sites like that. Given the obsession some the minions have with her right now, I really am genuinely surprised we haven't seen it yet.

7. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I’m not sure the column was as terrible as the left has made it be. Oh, it’s not good, but more than that its insanely random and weird.

It reminds me of the time George Will wrote a giant screed about people wearing jeans.

Why? Why now? What made you think this was something anybody cares about?

It’s not even whataboutism. It’s almost dada.

8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Undermine. Chip away. Chop at the knees. Embarrass. Rinse and repeat.

Fred siegle likes this.
  9. Junkie

Junkie Well-Known Member

The irony ... it drips.

Fred siegle and doctorquant like this.
  10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

There's a GoFund Me to buy Rand Paul's neighbor a better weapon.

11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Only on name recognition and connections (she teaches English/composition right?). This is going to sound awfully harsh, but her credential and (education-related) resume is a dime-a-dozen. She might, might, be able to pick up a few sections here and there, but that's it. That's not a statement on her, but on the realities of that line of work. Jobs in the humanities are just god-awful hard to get ... buyer's market and all that. There'd be resumes from Ivy League PhDs with published books in the "Maybe Look At" pile.

12. outofplace

That is why I included the name recognition part. I also went to a high school near NOVA, so I may be reflexively looking down on the place more than it deserves. Being stuck going to NOVA was treated like a brand of shame, which explains a lot of why I couldn't wait to get away from those stuck-up jackasses.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.