1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

No way? Read another analysis on how the Subhuman Pile of Crime and his administration* mishandled this pandemic and tell me how he would easily avoid a Nuremburg-level trial:

The inside story of how Trump’s denial, mismanagement and magical thinking led to the pandemic’s dark winter

Let me summarize the link: If the sheeple were willing to listen and do anything and everything the Tangerine Tantrum demanded, why didn't he set a better example by wearing masks, listening to Dr. Fauci, etc.? ... aside from, of course, ruining the economy that was set up for him - and going well (and, of course, taking credit) - and his re-election.

More than 300,000 dead ... and not a chance that his poor example and complete non-reaction didn't contribute to many of those? Really?

If we make no effort to prosecute him and those around him who have committed numerous crimes - financial and against humanity - we have failed as a country. Save the "we need to move forward" BS for those stupid enough to believe it. Until we prosecute these bastards, moving forward will be exceedingly difficult.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Just for his post-election actions, Trump deserves to end his days strapped to a gurney at the federal institution in Terre Haute, Ind. while someone sticks the needle in. I imagine you could raise a substantial sum auctioning off that privilege.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I agree he should be prosecuted and imprisoned. I just don't think it can be done. They'll get at least one Trumpist on the jury, and if there's a hint of trouble, he'll kidnap the children of any juror and extort a not guilty vote that way.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

5. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I get the sentiment that we shouldn't be looking to throw a president in jail after they leave office. There is a reason we haven't in 44 presidencies. Heck, there's a reason only one in 44 ended early by a reason other than death. And that was of his own accord (rather than being removed).

But

What Trump is doing no one else has tried. Everyone accepted the results, even in the most contentious of elections. The US needs a reset in the rule of law applies to everyone so we don't get someone who is actually competent make a run at overturning democracy. This has to end here. Investigate everything and throw people in prison. Investigate Congressional leaders for their roles. We can't let this continue.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

7. Sam Mills 51

The Russians and Chinese to whom he owes countless millions might make more joining in that than they ever will off the Subhuman Pile of Crime.

I know you agree, but I don't share your pessimism that he will just skate. And I don't think people mistake me for the eternal optimist.

If the Secret Service can protect the Tangerine Tantrum and his family, authorities can take steps if he decides to go to the extreme you outline.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2020
  8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Merchants of death

9. Sam Mills 51

Michael_ Gee likes this.
  10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

That should be enough to kick him out of office right there. But masks are needless because this alleged disease is just a hoax. Right. Fuck you, Trumpists.

garrow likes this.
  11. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

But the Trumpers say the "Russian collusion hoax" is kinda, sorta the same thing.

12. Sam Mills 51

... and if you think Trump isn't running some sort of interference because of Vlad and/or the oligarchs clearly holding something over him, you're insane.

The man who loves division, loves stirring the pot, loves threatening just because he and and NOW he goes quiet and tries to defend Russia? GTFOH ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.