1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Hey, be patient with the health care proposal. It's only two weeks away.

2. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Update: @Carlkolchak is a coward. He did not show up at the Tenafly HS tennis courts.

Fred siegle and Inky_Wretch like this.
  3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

4. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

MEET ME IN TEMECULA

MTM and 2muchcoffeeman like this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

What if I told you...
    ...that the government of the United States would just ignore a pandemic which killed 300,000 people?
    ...and 75 million Americans wanted that negligence to continue?
    What if I told you...
    ...that dreams don't come true
    ...but nightmares do

ESPN's critically acclaimed "30 for 30" presents "Orange Crush" sponsored by Goya. Premieres January 19th.

6. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

7. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Pay per view

8. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Some of us unironically love Darren McGavin's take on Kolchak. This irritates me in a way that defies rational adult thought.

I was told I had a brass set and a gift from God from someone I am ambivalent about but still appreciated the compliment. Of course, he found out I was female and a Nashville Native and it turned into "let us never speak of this again." So Carl, you climin' up your fancified CV?*

*tm Maggie the Cat and Tennessee "Those are really all mah ex-beaux!" Williams.

9. Sam Mills 51

"Orange Crush"? Truly a Donkey show.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

The quote is out there! People are talking!

Seriously, that last part of what you said is the funniest thing I've seen all weekend. Thank you.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Sam Mills 51

12. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

All anyone needs to do to verify the essential truth of this essay is look how divorced from reality the rantings and beliefs from Trump's most devoted supporters have become (citing, for anyone doubtful, the last two days of this thread). And absolutely, it's hit families as well--my father went full MAGA over the last four years, to the point it caused my mom to divorce him after putting up with decades of bad behavior and treatment before that, but nothing to the extent that Trump emboldened him to do and say. After the divorce last year, he moved hundreds of miles away from anyone else in the family; sadly, our contact with him now is minimal, which hurts now during the holidays most of all. It does feel very much like a disease has spread over the last four years and brought out the absolute worst in people that used to be somewhat amenable to reasoning...or if nothing else, at least used to know how to conceal the insanity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.