1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

2. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Thanks. Yes, as there should be discussion, I suppose.

I think he'll go into a deep funk. Deep funk. And the people around him, who are as unfiltered and generally ruthless as he is will let everybody know, too, and so it'll be a big story.

One of Trump's biggest weaknesses is that he isolates himself. The man actually, stupidly, pits himself against almost everyone and everything, thus surrounds himself with people who feel no instinct to protect him and so every misstep (which I tend to believe) is known and broadcast.

A lot of politicians are deeply flawed people (like any of us). Biden absolutely is. But he'll be protected better. He's a better guy, sure, but it's more that, the people around him will see what they can gain through their loyalty. With Trump that was never really true. He turns on everyone. He actively courts rejection with many of those who know him best. It is a sign of insecurity, and foolishness.

Obama strikes me as a man who mostly keeps his own council -I don't know how badly he needs to be "out there" the way Bill Clinton does - but he generated loyalty, too. Perhaps because he listened. Perhaps because his wife is more formidable a person than he is, and the type who keeps score and remembers everything, and so nobody wanted to piss her off. But, at any rate, we don't know every foible of the guy like we do Trump.

3. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Could we just fess up to our never-ending love affair with all things on the Left* and go with “Abidin’ with Biden!”**?

(*Biden in more centrist than left)

(**That’s more or less a joke, but I don’t want to risk using the blue font this close to Christmas.)

OscarMadison and TowelWaver like this.
  4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

"Bidin' time until Kamala takes over"

lakefront and OscarMadison like this.
  5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Episode XLVI: Return of the Joedi

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Tonight: Beef Couplash

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

"Big news coming out of Pennsylvania!"

LOL

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

10. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

"One of the great problems we have in the Republican Party is that we don't encourage you to be nasty."
    -Newt Gingrich speech to College Republicans, Atlanta Airport Holiday Inn, June 24 1978.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

This only 4 years after that old pussycat Nixon left town.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.