1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I had a Sony 8MM video player. It broke the second time I used it. When I took it to a nearby Sony store (there was such a thing), they told it would be $75 just to look at it. That was the last Sony product I bought. Oh, and they fucked up and let Steve Jobs invent the music streaming market. Assholes.

2. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

And yet my Coleco Vision continues to run strong ...

Time for some Ken Uston's Blackjack/Poker!!

3. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

Ah Colecovision, the one system I wanted more than anything for Christmas as a kid—never got one though, and had to be content with our Atari 2600.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

My sister and I agreed - this country seems like it's just "staying together" for Christmas, and we'll deal with all of the fallout come January. My goodness - don't know what is worse for the Trump Administration - the silence on Covid, or the Russian hack. I really don't understand the loyalty to Trump at this point.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Corky Ramirez up on 94th St.

Corky Ramirez up on 94th St. Well-Known Member

We got it for Christmas in 1982, I believe. My brother - who restores arcade games on the side - still has it, and it still works.

My first game was Smurf's Adventure, which to this 6-year-old was the best. Then came Donkey Kong, Lady Bug (cheap copy of Pac Man), Mr. Do ... the graphics were so much better than Atari.

TowelWaver and garrow like this.
  6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Still bustin' touchdowns 40 years later.

7. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Biden can score a lot of points by doing whatever he can to strengthen the Post Office, an entity many complain about but actually does well, when funded and operated properly.

OscarMadison and wicked like this.
  8. DanOregon

Well, Sen. Padilla doesn't seem surprised by the news.

Alex Padilla

I think the depleting majority in the House worked against Barbara Lee and Karen Bass as much as anything. Ability to retain the seat is crucial as well. And I have to think Feinstein will announce she's retiring in the coming months. The best thing California Dems have going for them is there are very few viable Republican Senate candidates who can win statewide.

9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

10. DanOregon

11. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

Donkey Kong was the one game I wanted most of all on Coleco, since it was my favorite arcade game. The Atari 2600 version, sadly, turned this beautiful screen:

[​IMG]

into this monstrosity:

[​IMG]

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Death, taxes, sunrise in the east, sunset in the west, and the Israeli government collapsing.

Maybe this is crazy, but it might be time for Israel to drop the Westminister-style government.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.