1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

That is a hoot!

2. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

The $600 v. $1200 v. $2000 question has been weird.

I’ve seen A TON of Trumpets on my social decry the $600 as not enough even before Donnie’s Last Stand, which is very out of character for them. I’d have guessed it more likely they thought $1 was too much.

And fine by me. The more the merrier. The government should have been shelling out cash from the start of this thing, if we want the world we return to to resemble that of March 2020.

And I’d love to add to our fund for the down payment on a new SUV.

Hermes likes this.
  3. Jerry-atric

A Pilot, I hope!

4. Jerry-atric

It would match your handle, my friend!

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

All it ever is is a game.

Screen Shot 2020-12-23 at 11.39.58 AM.png

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

I'm withholding an opinion on Miguel Cardona's nomination until I hear his plans for controlling grizzly bears outside schools.

7. melock

melock Well-Known Member

8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure Trump has never even glanced at a page of any of the budgets his administration sent to Congress.

bigpern23 and OscarMadison like this.
  9. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

Maybe he's just going to try to apprehend Biden.

10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Even at this point, directly criticizing Trump is a bridge too far.

11. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

(Monotone voice)

No, please President Trump, don’t use Keynesian economics to put money on the demand side. We will be ever so mad if you do that.

(On an unrelated note, I have a bookshelf I built this summer that needs to be filled with about 75 hardback books, so get on that, Donnie and AOC.)

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
    TowelWaver and OscarMadison like this.
  12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

This is what always astounds me. The Appalachia Republicans who can’t rub two dimes together would be glad for the handouts as long as it goes to white folk like them. The Investment Banking Republicans don’t want any handouts except for themselves in the form of tax breaks. Otherwise everyone else can pound sand.

There is a diversity of thought in the Democratic Party, but everyone agrees on the same general principles: freedom, equality, and helping your fellow (wo)man. They may have different priorities, like AOC and Biden, but they agree on those tenets. The two main strands of Republicanism don’t agree on almost anything. It’s why there’s a cult-of-personality leader.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2020
    OscarMadison likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.