1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

"And Baba Booey to you all."

Dyno and Woody Long like this.
  2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Last POTUS to skip his successor's inauguration was Andrew Johnson, so it must be an impeached racist thing.

matt_garth and tapintoamerica like this.
  3. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

I've always been a generous tipper. Even more so now with this whole pandemic. They need it more than I do - especially local.

Fred siegle likes this.
  4. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

After 12:01 pm on Jan. 20, I don’t care where the fuck he is as long as he’s nowhere near policy decisions or legislation.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I don't want him there. I'm afraid of what he'd do. Don't need to see him again.

OscarMadison likes this.
  6. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Question: When I am out, whether or not I'm the one picking up the bill, I take care of the tip. Decent or better service gets 25 to 35%. If we are at a table and take more than an hour, I tip 10% for every 15 to 20 minutes past the hour we sit. Is this a fair amount? Is there a better way to figure the tip?

7. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I'm of the mind that Biden should tell Trump to fuck off and not invite him if he doesn't recognize a legitimate election win.

Because you know, you just know, Trump would do some bullshit wagging his finger and talking trash. Trump's a garbage person and deserves nothing but his eventual death.

Mngwa likes this.
  8. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Think about how you’d want to be tipped and you likely got the answer.

9. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

I've never worked in food service, so I have no idea if the usual 35 to 55% seems fair. I wouldn't want to work for a base pay of two dollars and change and depend on someone else's goodwill to make a living wage. (Anyway, being clumsy and possibly never remembering who wanted what, I'd rather wear an apron and stay in the back so I could listen to the lines talk.)

wicked likes this.
  10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I tired of seeing his doughy angry face sometime mid-2017. I don't understand the concern that he won't be there. Fuck him entirely.

And if we're really lucky we won't hear from him for two or three days.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Not being snarky, what I meant was you Kinda know the starting point 15-20% then add a premium and think to yourself does that at face value make you think that’s pretty good? Reality is that server rarely thinks of what each individual tips BUT at end of night/shift a good bundle feels good. Giving an extraordinary tip WILL make a difference at end of night.

OscarMadison likes this.
  12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Time to change the locks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.