1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I realize it is Christmas and all - but it does make me wonder how so many top news people can actually take the week off given the news of the week - sure, things never slow down under Trump - but listening to The Daily this week and it all sounds like canned, End of the Year stuff that has been on the shelf for weeks. Granted, the "guest hosts" are a lot less irritating than Barbaro.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Apparently the revolution will not be televised, my friend.

These are troubled times.

3. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Listen to him at a slightly faster speed and his voice becomes a little less grating. It’s the way he slowly emphasizes with that cheese grater NPR voice that annoys me. It lessens with a little pace.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I find the verbal pauses, empathetic sighs etc. more irritating than his actual voice. What really sucks is several other contributors have adopted the style.

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Ah, I see. The same sort of verbal tics that make it so I can’t listen to Jeremy Schaap for more than 20 seconds.

Slacker likes this.
  6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

What many in our country have accepted or done in exchange for tax cuts, not getting primaried or owning the libs is truly tragic.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

He may be plotting it but he won’t get enough coöperation from either staff-level senior leadership or the rank and file to pull it off. Even the steroid- and drug-addled jackass portion of DEVGRU’s Red Squadron will take a moment to consider the penalties for treason and sedition under Article 94 of the UCMJ and then walk away.

Jerry-atric likes this.
  8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Who among the current 15 members of the Cabinet have enough of a spine to do that?

Jesus_Muscatel likes this.
  9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Does it have to be nine Senate-confirmed Cabinet secretaries, or do the “actings” count?

10. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

11. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

12. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Surprised no one has suggested the Blood Eagle by now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.