1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Or, you know, lie sometimes. Or openly speculate. Or say yes to Tinder but no to handshakes. Or just whatever he thinks
    of that week.

Do progressives know how easy of marks they can be? That there’s a difference between essential mask wearing and closing playgrounds for months?

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

330,000 dead. Do you know how easy marks people like you are?

Regan MacNeil and TigerVols like this.
  3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Easier marks: Progressives who believe what experts say or Trumpists who believe Q is telling them the truth?

Samesies!

Regan MacNeil, Mngwa and TowelWaver like this.
  4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

As Rick pointed out, being an "expert" doesn't mean anything if you're saying things you know to be untrue just to get people to behave a certain way.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

The MAGA crowd is just itchin to catch the smarty pants scientists saying something (anything) which turns out to be negated by subsequent information, so they can argue we don't have to listen to scientists at all any more.
    Because nobudduh tells me whut ta doo, freedum, etc etc.

Instead we can listen to the oracles of Faux Fascist Noise.

garrow, tapintoamerica and TigerVols like this.
  6. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Do you live in denial at the levels of the Tangerine Tantrum?

Try your whataboutism somewhere else, eh?

Fred siegle and Mngwa like this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

IF

8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

FATUS manufactures a crisis and gets absolutely nothing in return, and turns tail.

DEALMAKER

9. Inky_Wretch

So Trump signed the combo stimulus/omnibus bill and announced he was going to send a list of changes to Congress?

10. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Mark for what? I wear a mask everywhere, wash my hands as needed, etc.

The guy's advice, as it were, has often been to the beat of his own drum. I think Rick's right - Fauci is thinking along the lines of some progressive algorithm that says "well, we can't tell people never to have sex with strangers, but hell, who needs a handshake" and has some kind of internal logic to him. It just escapes the masses.

Each death is tragic. I think we know some reasons for why so many have died, and we've ignored some others, and that'll take years to unravel. It's surprising to me how certain you are of everything, that the numbers confirm with such accuracy your specific worldview. You've studied it that much? Things are changing all the time, it's science, yet the certainty.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

you don’t have to define your every thought by them. They don’t have to have that power over you

12. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Denialism of what? I didn't vote for Trump. He's gone in 25 days, and I'm just fine with that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.