1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Parts of the board still thinks there's going to be a military coup in the next three weeks.

Trump is a troll, and dangerous because of it. But the "hey, you'd better STFU, I mean it, shut it, shut it, shut it" response feels almost religious in nature and will attempt to strongarm Biden into whatever it can get.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Your targeting of progressives, and your implications that they're easy marks.

From where I sit, aren't those 70 million-plus people who voted for the Subhuman Pile of Crime easy marks? The evidence is out there. I have no doubt that some held their noses voting for the Tangerine Tantrum, but there is also evidence - i.e., the folks who devour every morsel of what Fox News, OAN and NewsMax says - that countless numbers of them believe everything that comes out of his mouth and/or the mouths of the administration.

Are you even going to claim that those people aren't easy marks?

3. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

They don't have any power over me, specifically, because nobudduh tells me whut ta doo, etc etc.

But they do tell other people what to do, and that misdirection has a real bad effect on the society overall.

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Not sure about that first one. Tough to want to back anyone who called you and your colleagues "losers" and "suckers."

5. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

]

Some of them are. Some of them have ill intent. Some of them have followed Trump into this bizarre place of self-isolating against like, just about anything conventional because screw the left.

Progressives tend to come by these illogical cul-du-sacs honestly. They're trying to follow the prescribed order of whoever they're supposed to believe about whatever the thing is because, increasingly, the "who" trumps the "what" the "who" is saying. Nowhere is that more clear than on climate change, where radical, dramtically-life-altering measures are needed if we only have a decade to save the planet, and yet the measures suggested fit neatly into green jobs program that affects quite little in the way of global consumption. Clearly China is the nation that'd have to make the greatest change, and yet America - because it's easy to guilt and bully around - is treated as the tip of the spear.

Likewise, we could have gone about the pandemic, in recent months, with a "mask up and do close to everything you've been doing with a bubble on the most vulnerable ages" approach vs. this block-by-block, state-by-state bare knuckle game. I put a lot of that on Trump, to be honest, but it's not all on him.

6. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

He doesn't need to. Not because it isn't true, but because EVERY OTHER POSTER is already doing it.

Alma is going places few on here dare to go. He doesn't need to cover a path worn out.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You two are funny. You actually think posting in defense of morons somehow makes you brave.

Fred siegle likes this.
  8. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

She’s holding hands with him.

Clearly the prenup got renegotiated in her favor.

10. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Trumpism is independent thinking like the kind Alma and BTExpress wield on these forums.

Fred siegle and Mr. Sluggo like this.
  11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Alma is Paul Moore from Broadcast News.

12. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

everybody on this site's the smartest person in the room at any given time. 'Twas always thus, and always thus shall be.

Alma seems like he wants to go full-Trumpism but something's holding him back.

His greatest fear seems being ideologically lumped-in with the likes of AOC.

wicked likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.