1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Apologies to any Kentuckians on the board, but the state can secede any time it damn well wants for continuing to put that fetid pile of hippopotamus shit into office.

2. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

The bourbon. Good God, man, the bourbon.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

"The Democrat Party just doesn't care about workers. That's why I voted for Trump. His endless rounds of golf generate revenue for him through our tax dollars. That's smart. And it's gonna put food on my table somehow, eventually."

[​IMG]

5. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Thank God for Mitch McConnell. Think of all the bad bills that would have received undeserved credibility if they were put to a vote.

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

This is really going to put the R candidates in Ga. in a bind. Support giving people money? Refuse to? Support Trump? Go against his wishes?

Good.

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Bernie will now proceed to filibustering the Senate override of the defense bill veto, per his previous promise. He will appeal to Trumpist Repubes to join him in rejecting the override.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

From what I've seen, they are all-in on supporting Trump and the Democrats on this. Probably with an understanding with Mitch that they're just doing it for election purposes.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Nah, Mitch told them he was not going to bring it to the floor so they could then come out and say they were in favor of it.

To which the media should then be asking them why they never announced their support prior to today.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2020
  10. Jesus_Muscatel

Jesus_Muscatel Well-Known Member

The poor of the Commonwealth doesn't know when it's being kicked while it is down. And I live here. It's bad.

OscarMadison likes this.
  11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

By denying a vote, Mitch already stuck it to Trump, while at the same exact time preventing the other 52 Pube Sens from going on record doing the same. He gives Chicken Leg and Spread Leg cover.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I don't think Mitch's move helps the Ga. Republicans too much. "If you want that money, you're gonna have to put Mitch in the minority" is an easy and easily understandable comeback.

TowelWaver and HanSenSE like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.