1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

We didn't give $600/week extra to folks who were working. We gave it to unemployed people.

Why do we need to send $2000 to people who haven't missed a paycheck? Why can't we target that aid as well?

tea and ease, HC and lakefront like this.
  2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Some of us have had our hours cut.

3. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

Catch Covid, you'll die rich.

4. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

5. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

I'd rather catch German measles in Germany.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

And 75 million Americans were like "gimme gimme that GOP"

[​IMG]

OscarMadison likes this.
  7. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Better to not help people who need it if it means helping people who don’t, right?

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

"I just got COVID-19. The variant" has to be the new - "I saw Hamilton...at the Public."

If a handful of GOP Senators publically come out for the $2k, and Mitch is blocking it - how does that help the GOP in Georgia? Won't most GOP voters now realize their Senators have ZERO pull. Is mitch holding out so it can appear that Loeffler and Perdue strong-armed him? I don't see a GOP "win" coming out Mitch denying a vote, in Georgia at least. It does serve as an FU to Trump though.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Mitch is betting the play that worked in 2009-2010 will work again. Hamstring Biden, then coast to power in 2022 and 2024. It might not this time, though. If Biden gets the country vaccinated by summer, he'll ride a wave of good feeling and benefit from an explosion in pent-up consumer demand.

HanSenSE and garrow like this.
  10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

11. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

12. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Thanks, Obama!

And just think: Before the recession started in February — not April or May, but several months earlier - your $400 was more like $2,000. Got tanked because of Trump’s tax bill.

Patchen likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.