1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Or the hundreds of abortions he himself has ordered.

2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

The headline is 100 percent accurate; I'm surprised a stickler like you would have an issue with it.

3. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Democrats had a super majority in the Senate for the first eight months of Obama’s term. They should’ve rammed more through then instead of trying to play nice with Mitch.

4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Because a lot of people are still in a vulnerable spot. I haven’t missed a check. Yet. But in part because of your klan’s love of Trump and contempt of knowledge, the industry in which I am employed is in peril. So, yes. I’m going to accept that check because I may need it.

BitterYoungMatador2 and wicked like this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Also - let's be clear about something - it's a "stimulus" not a giveaway. The money is meant to "stimulate" the economy - so regardless of the amount, the aim is for people to spend it and increase transactions. A better idea than cash would be Debit cards of whatever amount, that needs to be spent completely within 60 days or expires.

6. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Wait, I thought investing in stocks was best for the economy. Money moving from place to place at the consumer level doesn't work. Think of the banks!

- blue font

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Much of this money is gonna go to pay down debts. So cash is better. Not many people are going to save this money no matter how rich they are. I didn't really NEED my first payment last spring, but I used it to buy a new stove anyway.

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I was working three days a week and receiving the $600 a week. My state had a work program that allowed for it as long as you worked fewer than 36 hours.

Why they thought workers making $30 an hour in the rural Midwest needed an extra $600 a week I don’t know, but we didn’t turn it down.

doctorquant likes this.
  9. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Yep. I paid my personal property tax and paid for a new crown in my grill with mine, along with donating $100 to a local charity. So I gave money from the federal government to the local government. Oy.

10. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

They missed the one where he kicks his ball from under a tree limb. That would have been any time between 1 and 335,000.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

My post said "why can't we TARGET that aid as well?", as we TARGETED $600 weekly unemployment benefits.

Absolutely nothing was implied about "not helping people who need it."

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

True political science fact. Non-targeted government assistance is way, way, way more popular than the kind aimed at those who need it most. Social Security and Medicare are more popular than food stamps (although those are still pretty popular). This is because since people started living in groups that needed order, the primary question of politics is and always will be "where's mine?"

HC likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.