1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

So do I. If only he'd thought of them before deciding it was more important to kiss certain politicians' asses.

2. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

Another soldier down for a lost cause.

TigerVols likes this.
  3. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

With one week remaining of never-ending campaign attack ads and mailers here in Georgia, my current favorite TV ad is the "suburban housewife" in her bathrobe and with a cup of coffee who claims she voted for "Joe," but now believes "David and Kelly" would create a balance, because Washington needs a balance. (Like we're all best buddies on a first-name basis.)

The GOP is basically throwing all the "dog whistle" catch phrases at Warnock -- radical, dangerous, anti-American, anti-military, will raise taxes, will eliminate Social Security, Medicaid and Fox News -- without using the obvious "he's BLACK!", mainly because Loeffler is so inept that they can't point out anything she's actually done while in Congress other than benefit from stock trading and property taxes. At least there have been a couple of "Perdue is the outsider's outsider" ads -- like THAT'S not lying at all. And apparently Bernie Sanders is the Georgia boogeyman, since every anti-Ossoff ad has him in the background.

I'm bracing for two Republican victories but rooting for the underdogs. I at least know my vote cancels out one cracker.

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

5. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I’ve seen asswipes like Tom Cotton on Fox utter the frightening words Rev. Jeremiah Wright in relation to Warnock

6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Two Republicans win in GA, and that’s where you offer Toomey an insane cabinet position and throw committee chairmanships at Romney and maybe Murkowski and hope they’ll go I and caucus with you. Perhaps Ben Sasse would, if the deal is sweet enough. He just got his new term. With a D-R split, you just work Toomey really hard.

Note that this almost certainly will not happen and Democrats will be in the minority. I’m just using this thread to hone my fiction-writing skills.

Fred siegle likes this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Ah yes, the "I voted for Biden, but I don't want him to accomplish anything" strategem. Smart.

Tighthead and maumann like this.
  8. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Fucking fuckhead FATUS:

So small-minded he doesn't even know it.

9. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

We have a pending deposit from the IRS already

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Hawley announces he will object to certification of the election results.

11. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

I object to the size of Hawley's teeth.

Mngwa likes this.
  12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

As Woj said, "fuck you."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.