1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I found that odd as well. I'd remove him completely - no doubt he'll have friends/associates on the Biden detail and with Trump doing what he's doing, And you don't want him training future agents. I don't know if there is any place for someone with direct professional ties to the preceding occupant of the WH. Let alone what this guy did regarding the Lafayette Park deal. Seriously, this is the oath agents take: "“I, [name], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; and that I will well and faithfully discharge the duties of the office on which I am about to enter. So help me God.”

OscarMadison and HanSenSE like this.
  2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

3. Mngwa

Mngwa Well-Known Member

He must be fired. Someone who became a political operative cannot be allowed back.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Wasn't Jefferson Davis smuggled out of Richmond at the end of the civil war disguised as a woman?

That would be perfect.

OscarMadison likes this.
  5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

There's a pick and roll joke in there somewhere.

cyclingwriter2 and OscarMadison like this.
  7. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

No, that was a story perpetuated by Edwin Stanton. It was pouring the rain, and Davis did have his wife's shawl over his head, but he was in his own clothes. Stanton couldn't rest at being a possible Booth conspirator, so he had to play a hand in keeping that myth alive, too.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It was in Georgia, too, as Davis et al. had been on the run for quite awhile.

OscarMadison and Driftwood like this.
  10. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

He's been the "golden goose" for your media company as well so why didn't your owner give you $2021 like Jeff Bezos did his staff?

Give credit where credit is due.

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Heh. We're three months removed from bankruptcy and owned by a hedge fund.

12. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Hopefully somebody's keeping a down-to-the-second tick-tock of everything the traitors Stone, Manafort and Flynn have been saying and doing from the precise time of their pardons, because unless Fatfuck remembers to pardon them again on the morning of Jan. 20, they can be charged again for whatever they've done in the interim.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2021
    OscarMadison, wicked and Driftwood like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.