1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

No, he's a cold sore, and he didn't get that herpes from a wrestling mat. Or did he?

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

3. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

4. matt_garth

matt_garth Well-Known Member

There have to be consequences for idiots like this.

Fred siegle, OscarMadison and wicked like this.
  5. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Apache treatment. Tortured to death.

6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I attended two Bredesen fundraisers and donated because I honestly felt like he could win. I didn't know if he would, but I certainly felt like was the Democrats' best chance. When Blackburn mopped the floor with him, I pretty much lost faith in the voters of Tennessee.
    This past cycle's Democratic senate primary shows how dysfunctional the party is and that it doesn't stand a chance for a generation. If Bredesen couldn't beat Blackburn, Mackler wouldn't have beaten Hagerty, but when Bradshaw beat Mackler in the primary, I honestly asked by wife, "Who?"
    Tennessee has only been this way for the last decade. Prior to that, it was pretty purple. The Tea Party got its hooks into the state at all levels, and I won't see it return.

TigerVols and OscarMadison like this.
  7. Driftwood

I still wonder if Cunningham's little sexting scandal cost him the race. Does that even matter anymore or are there enough morons in the sparsely-populated counties to offset the educated areas? It still puzzles me how Cooper rolled to a landslide but the state re-elected Tillis and went for Trump. My brother-in-law is full-blown GOP and hates Cooper because of regulations that I personally applaud. He's not a Trumper, but he's all about some tax cuts for high six-figure guys like himself. It's not surprising that my other brother-in-law who lives in Virginia and is in similar financial shape hates Northam.

OscarMadison likes this.
  8. Driftwood

I'm perfectly fine with people going full Sons of Liberty on these assholes' personal property.* Apparently there is no accountability in elections for them, so make it perfectly clear how the actual majority feels about their "leadership."

*Just make sure there are no kids or animals inside.

OscarMadison likes this.
  9. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

Everyone mentions Gideon, but the Cunningham loss was a firm kick to the groin.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  10. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

McConnell is terrified of his base. I want to be sympathetic because that kind of thing is scary. Mitch might have had this done because he fears and loathes rank and file Kentuckians and sees it as a way to justify more security for himself.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Mitch is going to be 78 next month and just got re-elected for 6 years. The only thing he’s terrified of is not being Majority Leader.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. OscarMadison

OscarMadison Well-Known Member

You're kind of right. He's a sad person who missed out on a good life. He reminds me of a Kabuki character who has been given a lot of power and abuses it only to find they have turned into a grotesque version of what they could have been. Think about an alternative Mitch McConnell who didn't have to win for the sake of winning.

I'm comparing him to Amy McGrath. Actually, I've done the same with Marsha Blackburn.

Speaking of comparisons, Blackburn is more like her Lord and Savior, DJT. Have you read her Twitter feed? Anything that is well-written is retweeted from someone else. Her own tweets are mostly dog-whistle shrieking and out of context Bible verses. There's just so little substance to her. Like @Driftwood, I am shocked and disappointed Tennesseans chose her over Phil Bredesen. As much as I would have loved to have voted for Amy McGrath, I imagine the result would have been the same had she run in Tennessee.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
    2muchcoffeeman, Webster and Driftwood like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.