1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

The winning will continue until morale improves!

BitterYoungMatador2 and maumann like this.
  2. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I’m surprised this wasn’t a news alert from every source. It’s news if the President Pro Tem says he doesn’t think the VP will be there. Even if the VP’s people say otherwise.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Everybody in Washington in the media knows Grassley's mental condition and accounts for it in their reporting. Pence is meeting with Trump in the White House right now. I think he will try to throw out electors unilaterally and get overruled by the Senate. That way it's LIGHT treason.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  4. tapintoamerica

Good point re: Grassley.

5. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

Neither the Constitution nor federal law says that the VP gets to "count" any votes. He just has the results read to him and then he asks for objections.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It's fun to watch the Trumpists turning on each other. For example, Tom Cotton tweeted out his op-ed in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette explaining why he'd vote to certify the election. The replies ... my God the replies. If you aren't in 100-percent lockstep with Trumpism, then you are an enemy to these whackadoos.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

"I may have committed some light treason" -- George Bluth

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Kinda like the "fuck Sarah Silverman!" replies when she (gasp!) for whatever reason said she liked Space Force --- even though she still called Trump an "asshole" 12 seconds after saying she liked it.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Cultists gotta cult

OscarMadison likes this.
  10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

So either late tomorrow or sometime Thursday, all the challenges to the electors will be done and failed. What's Trump's move then? He has nothing left that's constitutional, no card to play. He can file more lawsuits, he can demand legislatures revoke the electors (not sure they can do that), but these are paths he's gone down already to no avail. Really he has no viable option but the use of force to seize power.

11. tapintoamerica

Who says sports and politics don’t mix?
    49C58DF6-E607-4607-9C6A-5B1C530B41EC.jpeg

Jake from State Farm likes this.
  12. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I love how at least one person wonders why Cotton isn't standing up for the American people. He never did. Six months ago he wanted to send troops onto the streets and kill a few folk.

OscarMadison likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.