1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Ossoff running about 0.8 percent behind Warnoff, which could led to a split decision. Gonna be close.

2. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

From 538:

"Per those same rough calculations, there are about 685,000 votes outstanding in blue counties and 350,000 votes outstanding in red counties. (Of course, not every vote in a blue county will be for Democrats and not every vote in a red county will be for Republicans.)"

3. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If this scenario plays out, all I can say is, Trump likes conflict, and he's got it.

maumann likes this.
  4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

It's all gonna be behind the scenes. They may fucking hate Trump and they may blame him, but they're still scared of his voters.

lakefront and maumann like this.
  6. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I tried to do the math on what’s outstanding and what’s needed to close the gap... and it looks like Ossoff needs an extra 50,000-ish votes out of maybe 1.15 million? That’s not insignificant. Too tired to delve further.

7. RickStain

Perdue is in "it's not literally over but he needs to score, get the onside kick, score again, possibly multiple times" levels of bad shape.

8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The Washington Generals had a better record against the Globetrotters than I had with donations to Dem Senate candidates before this one.

OscarMadison and matt_garth like this.
  9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So which autopsy (presuming a Democratic sweep) holds sway over the GOP?
    A. Trumpism is wrong. We should revert to Chamber of Commerce Republicanism.
    B. Trump can win in 2024.

10. RickStain

They desperately want A, they would do anything for A, but their voters want B. It would take someone with vision and leadership to make a stand for A, and I don't know if they have any of those left.

Inky_Wretch and maumann like this.
  11. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Crying Wolf? For shame ...

12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.