1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

2. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

The remaining vote still has to come in, but it’s in overwhelmingly blue territory (Atlanta area) where Ossoff is expected to win a massive amount of what’s left.

UNCGrad likes this.
  3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The big thing with Cohen's needle model and similar approaches is that they adjust based on similar demographics.

So let's say your county and Podunk County are neighbors. You have similar racial, financial and educational demographics. Historically, you both vote for the same candidates at the same percentages.

You haven't reported your votes yet, but Podunk County comes in 5 points better than expected for candidate A. Their model then starts to assume that A is also going to do better than expected in your county too.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  5. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Oh my God, this tweet:

6. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

Proud Boys et al. fighting cops in DC. Guess they need some law & order.

OscarMadison and Spartan Squad like this.
  7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

I still like the way the British do it. All of the candidates stand on the stage and the final vote count is read aloud. The surprise loser eating shit even has a name: the "Portillo moment."

garrow and RickStain like this.
  8. RickStain

That guy is a medium-tier stand-up comic, and a lot of his web presence is Youtube videos of him getting into it with hecklers. He's pretty good at it.

9. Shelbyville Manhattan

Shelbyville Manhattan Well-Known Member

Say hello to the most powerful man in Washington:

am4POdPf.jpg

They might have to build a new, non-stop railroad from D.C. to Morgantown to handle all the pork that will be rolling to West Virginia.

Twirling Time likes this.
  10. Pilot

Pilot Well-Known Member

My dad is terrified these two senate seats going blue is going to screw me and my brother someday in estate taxes when we inherit the family farm.

I wish Republicans would stop nominating fucking clowns like Trump and Loeffler (I have exactly zero opinion on Perdue) and find some fucking backbone and build their party around something besides being angry, trolling assholes. But that's not what's going to happen. They're going to go all the way down the Qanon, #StopTheSteal tubes, and their voters, completely ensconced in their bullshit news bubble, will cheer it as it happens.

The next two weeks will see millions and millions of GOP voters sever their already weak ties with reality. I guess I will hope estate tax laws come out ok and I don't need to learn more about the details for a long, long time and my dad can continue to be a fantastic grandpa.

wicked, Fred siegle and Wenders like this.
  11. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

If the Democrats really do win both seats, what are the chances McConnell suddenly becomes interested in President Trump’s shenanigans because it is his own power at stake now?

Wenders likes this.
  12. RickStain

I mean, it's a little late now. His own power was at stake and he lost it.

Wenders and TowelWaver like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.