1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

After a while, I imagine a guy like Romney just looks around and say, “forget this feces. I tried hard, it didn’t happen and now they blame me and give the nation Trump.”

Today was good for everyone.

Democrats get their utopia.

Republicans get to rebrand.

We all get two grand.

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Also saw some replays of Cruz blasting Trump during 2016 election. Wonder why he's sucking up now?

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

The perps have been identified.
    [​IMG]

Mngwa and TowelWaver like this.
  4. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

It fell off a truck!

5. exmediahack

exmediahack Well-Known Member

Exactly. I was covering all of that and it still makes no sense why they’d suck up to him now.

6. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Cruz blasted Trump harder than any Democrat I've been after Trump accused him of stealing the Iowa caucuses.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Maybe, but the stakes for both these seats are obvious. Furthermore, between Loeffler's inside trading then finding out her endgame for the Senate seat – and it's not to support the Tangerine Tantrum on every single thing on his agenda ... that was only second on the list – she really needed to go.

Here is the link to her endgame:

Kelly Loeffler's conflict of interest is even worse than reported.

8. champ_kind

champ_kind Well-Known Member

it's especially weird given the now ample evidence that it does not win elections

9. TowelWaver

TowelWaver Well-Known Member

I'm sure Cruz imagines himself the rightful heir to Trump's 74 million voters...though I'm sure Cruz imagines a lot of things.

garrow, swingline and tea and ease like this.
  10. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

His call in 2012 for the Republican party need for more "angry white guys" was the truest thing he has ever said.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I wanted Warnock and Ossoff to both win but if I had to settle for a split, I'd be okay with just Warnock winning. I can't stomach the sight of Stock Exchange Barbie. And there better never be someone on the GOP side who complains again about Kamala Harris smirking. Karen Stepford has it down to an art form, probably the result of never having to work or worry about money for the rest of her life. This Senate seat was bought and paid for and I hope Warnock's margin gets bigger. Right now, he's outside the recount margin.

Tarheel316 and Fred siegle like this.
  12. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

But what's better for Cruz in 2024? Coming in on the coattails of a second Trump term (and possibly not being the guy that Trump would have anointed if he had won) or rooting for Biden/Harris to turn into Carter/Mondale and run against their record?

TowelWaver likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.