1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kickoff-time

kickoff-time Well-Known Member

I'm sure y'all will tune in for one last MAGAsm when Trump will speak at the SAVE AMERICA RALLY tomorrow. Doors open at 7 a.m. although I didn't realize The Ellipse had doors.

2. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

A friend of mine thought it odd that Warnock was out-performing Ossoff. I think it might well be a likability factor. If you don't pay attention to what Perdue is actually saying, he comes off as a pretty calm, grandfatherly type. Not a flame-thrower like Trump or Cruz. I think people may actually like Perdue. I think that's far from being the case for Loffler. My wife is not very political, but she wants to smack Loffler every time she sees her face on TV. She's got a self-entitled, rich-girl attitude that a lot of people absolutely hate.

Fred siegle likes this.
  3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

As if he would have any fucking clout to pull that off.

4. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I'm sure that if we applied the letter of the law, the U.S. Attorney could add incitement to riot to the list of things Trump could be charged with. I hope and pray for anyone's safety if they venture to DC tomorrow -- other than the sincere desire that the cops pepper=spray every MAGAsshole they can.

5. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

6. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Honestly, I think it's probably because Warnock is a Christian pastor and Ossoff is a Jew. Even in a place like Georgia, having a Rev. in front of your name has some cache.

7. UNCGrad

UNCGrad Well-Known Member

Re: Warnock numbers vs. Ossoff numbers: a lot of it can be narrowed down just to incumbency. Perdue is more well-known.

Donny in his element likes this.
  8. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

That's still going up as it leaves the park ...

Jersey doesn't want him, either.

Fred siegle likes this.
  9. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

It will be Romney, and he's not too old. In politics, he's a babe running at 73. Losing to Obama is yesterday's news.

10. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

I mean, I *get* that 2024 GOP presidential hopefuls want to glom onto the Trump base. But they’re never going to love anyone the way they love trump. Never.

Especially Ted Cruz. Nobody will ever love that guy. They might vote for him and hate him at the same time.

Kato and matt_garth like this.
  11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Here’s the reality for all the old, white, racist clowns who supported Trump, McConnell, Loeffler, etc.: you’ve literally had over 240 years to build the infrastructure where we collectively elect our politicians. You drew the districts, you selected where, when and how the votes are made and where they are counted.

For you to NOW claim that the “blacks”, minorities “STOLE” the election(s) is ridiculous and defies the facts. You make the rules, you win or LOSE by those same rules.

Take GA, you’ve got a GOP Gov and Sec of State; the GOP had control of the entire enterprise, yet you lost.

SCOREBOARD!!

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
  12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If all goes according to Hoyle in Congress today, Wednesday night's tweetstorm could bring social media to its knees.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.