1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tarheel316

Tarheel316 Well-Known Member

Yes it was. That more than anything did him in.

OscarMadison likes this.
  2. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Sorry, I needed my memory jogged. I had completely forgotten about that whole episode.

OscarMadison likes this.
  3. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

such an out-of-character comment from a good decent man so weird

swingline likes this.
  4. Splendid Splinter

Splendid Splinter Well-Known Member

I only wish Mitch McConnell was alive to see this.

Slacker, HanSenSE, swingline and 9 others like this.
  5. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

Running for office does strange things to people. Recall Obama’s comments about people “clinging to guns and religion.”

6. Alma

Alma Well-Known Member

Trump cost the GOP the Senate with his hideous behavior in the last 2-3 weeks. Instead of accepting he’d lost - which, he did - he kicked up this nonsense aimed specifically at Georgia. Trump being Trump helped the Democrats. Dangerous? Sure! To Republicans!

Now the Democrats have two full years to convince a very divided America it never wants to see that guy - or a Hawley, or a Cotton - anywhere near the WH. Run it well and choose agenda wisely. Trumpism along with being a loud, garish suit, was also an empty suit. There is, and always was, less of him to combat than Democrats let on, since holy fools are holy fools whatever party they’re in.

Turn the page. Be confident. Fix health care. Tighten the wealth gap. Maybe get a compromise on immigration; we could use one. Turn the volume down on America being at war with itself and turn volume down on how bad and sinful we are.

The best way to get away from Trumpism...is to get away from it.

7. Jerry-atric

Jerry-atric Well-Known Member

I like Mr. Cotton, even though he is a Re-“scrub”-lican. He’s smart. He discussed the laboratory theory in-depth long before The New Yorker brought it to this site’s attention.

8. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Good morning!

So Georgia is missing 16,000-17,000 votes from military that can still show up by Friday, plus all the collection boxes that were not emptied yesterday. It's unknown how many ballots might be in those, but based on November, there were quite a few. However, those should be in metro Atlanta and very blue. I really don't see Perdue making up 15,000 votes.

As far as the discussion as to why Warnock outpolled Ossoff, I would offer a fairly simple explanation: He's a respected Black minister in a state with a very large percentage of Black voters, compared to other regions of the country. And I think some people of color turned out to vote for the Black man (and Blackman) without really caring much about which white man won the other seat.

I sincerely hope Doug Collins is his rival in 2022. Warnock will trounce Dumb Doug.

9. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

You’d think so but Loeffler was an appointee, a carpetbagger and had a hoity-toity attitude
    Collins is a good ol boy POS

10. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Real life is the Onion.
    The Onion is real life.

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Going to be fun watching things sort out amongst both parties. Right-wing radio should be a hoot. Adam Schiff tried to warn the GOP last year, but they didn't listen.

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    OK, Democrats, open your baskets. You have fix health care, tighten the wealth gap, get a compromise on immigration, and stop hating America. There are two years on the clock and your time starts...now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.