1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fred siegle

Fred siegle Well-Known Member

Mitt is a true heavyweight and a total mismatch against lightweights like Cruz and Hawley.
    And I could vote for him if democrats didn’t have a great candidate. Remember when republicans nominated actual leaders like McCain and Romney?

gingerbread, Dog8Cats and Wenders like this.
  2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

We need to get over it. Fast.

If the Tangerine Tantrum gets away with this, imagine how much worse it will get.

(I don't want to come across as doom-and-gloom. But it's getting worse. Where do we go from here?)

HanSenSE likes this.
  3. Sam Mills 51

No.

Just no.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

5. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Set his face about one inch from a concrete-block wall, grab the back of his shirt with your off hand, then repeatedly punch him in the back of the head.

6. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

I don't think you're wrong. I wish I did.

7. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

It's the same reason they didn't start shooting in Lansing or any of the other dozens of places where pissed off white boys with Confederate flags and beer bellies have attempted to go after the 'gubmint.'

They want you to start shooting. Blood on the Capitol steps and martyrs makes them look honorable and reasonable and draws more honorable and reasonable people to their cause, not to mention the fact that it colors in every white nationalist fantasy about armed resistance to an oppressive government. And considering I'm guessing more than a few of them were on their 2A bullshit, the other last thing you want is dumb shits firing semi-automatic long guns in close quarters against Capitol Police and their service weapons.

In theory, you are absolutely right. So many times today I have thought "let's start cracking some fucking skulls, folks," but practically, that's the difference between 1 dead today and 100 dead over several days.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

9. Sam Mills 51

I know. And I appreciate your knowing that my response was not a personal shot.

We have to get over this in a hurry. While I never understood why anyone didn't think Trump was worth prosecuting, there might have been a sliver of a reason to not do so.

After what occurred on Jan. 6, there is no reason for anyone - not Joe Biden for the sake of national unity and politics and not anyone else - to still believe that not prosecuting him and his accomplices is a form of moving forward.

Neither Trump nor anyone else who thinks and believes as he does will ever come close to learning otherwise.

10. Sam Mills 51

Of course. And I fully agree. But prosecuting in court with indisputable evidence - and there should be enough on the Subhuman Pile of Crime to convict him on numerous fronts - is not the same as threatening with guns and automatic weapons and using them liberally.

From a certain point of view, that's one easy way to worsen what was already a horrible situation. It's horrible that, according to what we now know, four people died. If the Capitol Police draws weapons, it gets worse in a hurry.

UPChip likes this.
  11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Many of us were said to be overreacting and alarmist when we denounced his lying about crowd size on DAY FUCKING ONE.

Fuck everyone who voted for him and fuck everyone who enabled him.

A mentally ill domestic terrorist is the goddamned president. Get him out.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
    Patchen, garrow, Gutter and 11 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.