1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

Yeah, that didn't age well in retrospect. Sorry.

gingerbread likes this.
  2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

A-fucking-men. And A-fucking-woman too.

3. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

I think it’s Joe Scarborough’s old district

4. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Hey, I laughed.

Fred siegle and maumann like this.
  5. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

The fact that I woke up this morning and a seditionist and traitor is still occupying the executive office speaks volumes for our political process. In many other countries, the leader of a coup would be arrested and summarily executed.

The fact that the President of the United States knowingly put the lives of the entire Congress at stake by inciting a violent mob is unthinkable. The framers of the Constitution never assumed we'd elect a group of enablers who would hold such little regard for the democratic process over their political ambitions that we'd need a quick and dirty way of disposing of a dangerous man with dangerous words.

And the only reason any of them are bailing like rats from a sinking ship now -- after four years of knowing exactly what they campaigned for -- is because he put their lives in danger without a second thought yesterday.

He is America's Nero.

And still dangerous this morning.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2021
  6. cyclingwriter2

cyclingwriter2 Well-Known Member

7. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Machine Head, garrow, Webster and 4 others like this.
  8. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

9. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member

Just curious, what did you want these police officers to do?

They pepper sprayed. They pushed and shoved.

Did you want them to shoot people before being fired upon? Rubber bullets might have been an option, but without the National Guard being called, they were in a horrible situation.

Now, should they of had all possible officers there? Yes. That’s management’s decision, not the officers on the ground.

I would much rather have today’s outcome than talking about 10-15 dead protestors or a fucking gunfight outside the Capitol.

Blame police management. Blame POTUS for not deploying the National Guard before lunch. Don’t blame the poor bastard being chased up stairs because I would much rather see that than him open fire and kill people.

Liut, cyclingwriter2 and doctorquant like this.
  10. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

They were in on it.

swingline, TigerVols and OscarMadison like this.
  11. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Not open barricades for starters.

12. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

I wanted them treated the same was BLM would be, because last I checked, BLM never stormed the Capitol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.